Job Coach (Gardener/Crew Leader) - Land Management Service
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Land Management Services Division for a Job Coach (Gardener/Crew Leader), currently based at Sages Cottage Farm in Baxter.
This is a new fulltime role, perfect for an experienced gardener or grounds maintenance person looking to work on a variety of contracts whilst supporting a crew of up to 4 people each day, all with different abilities and a desire to learn new skills.
If you’re proactive, passionate and results driven, experienced in commercial gardens maintenance and are keen to put your experience into practice, while also supporting people with disabilities reach their goals, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll need to succeed
- Grounds and gardens maintenance qualifications or experience
- Experience in the use and operation of horticultural equipment including ride on mowers
- A good level of mechanical aptitude
- Experience and passion for working with people with different abilities
- Good communication skills; ability to prevent and resolve issues and to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources
- Good administration, written communication skills and computer literacy in order to complete appropriate documentation
- Highly motivated and outcome driven to complete allotted tasks
- Ability to meet the goals and objectives of the team while working in an independent environment
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of Occupational Heath Safety and Environment, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory NDIS Worker Screening Check (including police check) will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers license
- Certificate in First Aid Level 2 + CPR
- White Card or equivalent (Desirable)
- Chemcert or equivalent (Desirable)
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination (or medical exemption)
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
Wallara Australia is a unique non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. Every day we provide creative services for Australia's largest minority group – people with disabilities. We coach them to grow as individuals, to work productively, to explore their communities and to live the way they choose.
Why a career with Wallara? Because when you join Wallara, you’ll join a movement! We’re driving social change for people with different abilities and we’re having a good time doing it! We’re passionate, professional, and purposeful about our mission. We also value innovation, collaboration and celebration. It’s just the way we roll! So if you believe the future is inclusive, you’ll feel right at home with us.
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role, please apply through SEEK. Please note, applications must include a resume and cover letter and only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Catch us on WallaraTV and Facebook!
Our clients come from all communities and so do our people. Wallara is an equal opportunity employer – all abilities and from every walk of life, inclusion is why we exist. If you share our values and want to drive social change to empower people with different abilities, Wallara may be your next workplace.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a grounds keeper?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.