About the organisation
For Awabakal Ltd, healthcare is about more than the absence of illness. It’s about more than 15 minute appointment slots and box-ticking. We know that to keep our community healthy we need to take a holistic view of health and look out for the physical, emotional and social wellbeing if our clients.
Awabakal Ltd has provided health & community services to Aboriginal people living across the Newcastle and Lower Hunter region for more than 40 years and is dedicated to advancing the wellbeing of our community.
Located only 2 hours north of Sydney, Awabakal Ltd operates in the beautiful Newcastle and Hunter Valley. We’ve got gorgeous beaches, rivers, bays, and some of Australia’s best vineyards on our doorstep.
There’s no heavy city traffic here and you can get almost anywhere within 20 minutes. We’ve got the most artists per capita in Australia and a growing foodie scene. The lifestyle here can be as laid back or active as you want it be. And we might be biased, but we think Novocastrians are some of the most relaxed, passionate and warmest people in Australia.
About the role
As Awabakal and our services continue to expand, we are seeking a motivated and passionate Clinical Lead (Care Coordination) to provide clinical leadership to the Aged Care and NDIS teams by improving and uplifting clinical and case management practice, governance and psychosocial support services to Awabakal clients and their families. In addition, you will provide a high level of customer service to ensure our clients are onboarded appropriately, care plans are implemented, and goals are achieved. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead and improve the quality of clinical care processes, assessment, monitoring of ongoing clinical care for our Aged Care and NDIS clients
- Provide Clinical supervision and mentoring the Aged Care and NDIS teams, on best practice in clinical and case management with a focus on health, wellness, reablement in the local region community
- Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring and review of Service User agreement & Care Plans for clients
- Ensure person centred services are delivered from a health, wellness and reablement maturity framework perspective, empowering clients and their carers
- Support clients to access to diagnostic, allied health and community support services
- Provide clinical education to clients on access to pathways to clinical and psychosocial supports and services
- Bachelor of Social Work
- 10 years experience in social work or related fields
- Membership to the Australian Association of Social Workers
- First Aid/CPR Certificate
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership, clinical supervision and mentoring clinical health teams.
- Demonstrated experience providing comprehensive health care to people living with complex care needs, complex health conditions, dementia, or other psychosocial support issues experienced in the local community.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people
Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to undertake relevant background checks including a Pre-Employment Health check, Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check.
To submit your application please click on the "Apply" button below by 9.00am 25th October 2021. For a confidential discussion contact Abbi Anderson on 4918 6405 .
All applications will be managed via SEEK. To see a copy of the full position description, please go to www.awabakal.org
Aboriginality is an essential requirement for this position under Section 14D of the Anti- Discrimination Act
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have membership with any of the following psychology, social work, or counselling boards?
- How many years' experience do you have as a social worker?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.