About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, Puffing Billy Railway continues to be a popular destination for visitors, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 300 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
Puffing Billy Railway will be opening a new state-of the-art $20M Lakeside Visitors Centre (LVC) at Emerald Lake Park, Emerald in November. The LVC will enhance the Puffing Billy Railway experience by featuring a café, function spaces, retail, food and beverage options and interpretative spaces for school groups and families.
We are looking for experienced and talented:
- Food and Beverage Service Attendants
- Food and Beverage Kitchen Hands
Working on a casual basis, shifts will involve weekend day and some evening work. Good availability during school holiday periods is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for friendly, customer service orientated people to join the opening team at the Dandenong Ranges newest ‘must visit’ destination.
Successful candidates will:
- Have previous hospitality experience – training will also be provided
- Demonstrate great customer service skills
- Be self-motivated, hard-working and thrive in a busy environment
- Have strong communication, organisational and personal skills
- Be fast learners, reliable and able to work well in a team environment
- Have good availability Friday through to Sunday
Apply now via Seek with a resume and cover letter. Check full position descriptions on our website www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/. Applications will be assessed as received.
Please note: Before commencing you will need to:
- Obtain a current employee Working with Children Check (we can help you)
- Participate in a National Criminal History Check
- Participate in a Category 3 Rail Safety Health Assessment Medical
- Provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity with an iconic organisation!
Puffing Billy Railway is a child-safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process. Employees are required to sign our Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct, in addition to undergoing a Rail Safety Medical, participate in a National Criminal History Check and hold an employee status Working with Children Check.
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Our Values – Safety, Respect, One Team, Excellence, Integrity, Legacy, Fun!
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current Food Handlers certificate?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.