About the role
Mater has been supporting the health of people living in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. The Mater's heritage listed Kenmore building was purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November in the same year.
Today, the 136 bed Hospital features five operating theatres, a private emergency service and a wide range of specialised clinical services.
The Hospitality Services Assistant will contribute to the delivery of effective cleaning and hygiene services to delegated areas of the Hospital as well as prepare, assemble, and deliver patient meals.
Multiple permanent part-time positions are being offered subject to candidates meeting the criteria of the role. Minimum contracted/working hours may range from a minimum of 42 to 76 per fortnight. Applications for casual employment are also welcome.
Salary range is: $22.42 - $25.47 p/hour part-time
$28.02 - $31.84 p/hour casual
additional shift penalties and superannuation apply
The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience and qualifications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly Hospitality team. The roles are fast paced and physical in nature and will require standing for long periods of time.
Candidates must be able to be flexible with work times. Day, afternoon, and night shifts are a feature of these positions across a 7 day week. Service delivery hours are from 4.30am to 8.30pm.
We are ideally looking for candidates that have:
- Previous experience in a hospital or hotel cleaning/good services role;
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Knowledge of current food hygiene principles, practices, and legislation (desirable);
- Ability to recognise and prioritise tasks effectively; and
- Ability to engage with a variety of people.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
- Discounted gym membership
- Health fund premium discounts
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland where you can find more information about these vacancies. This position is listed on our website under Rockhampton vacancies.
Should you have any questions about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will respond during business hours.
We are looking to fill these roles as soon as possible, therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as suitable candidates have accepted an offer of employment.
- Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff. It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021 or commencement, whichever is the later. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement requirement.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or have a working Visa with no limitations.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.