About Mater Mackay
Mater Private Hospital Mackay has been providing excellence in clinical and pastoral care to the people of Mackay and surrounds since 1927.
Located on the northern bank of the Pioneer River since 2003, our hospital is a modern 105 bed facility featuring five operating theatres, a fully equipped day surgery unit, and a wide range of specialist clinical services.
Our concerted pursuit of innovation—to discover, improve, adopt and adapt—differentiates Mater as a leader in the areas of health, education and research. We are committed to providing exceptional care in the community.
About the Role
The Mater Private Hospital Mackay are seeking dedicated Registered Midwives on a full time, part time, or casual basis.
As a Registered Midwife within our Women’s Unit you will provide family-centred nursing care in collaboration with other health professionals and significant other to ensure safe, efficient and effective management of the patient. This role presents an opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated team.
Salary range: $36.14 - $46.45 per hour (plus 25% loading for casual staff) commensurate with experience
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as both a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife is essential. Candidates must have dual registration to apply.
- Experience as a Registered Midwife is essential. Including experience in all areas of pre and post-natal and birth suite.
- Must be flexible to work any shift type.
- Have the ability to work well autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance program
- Discounted gym membership
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
How to Apply
Apply for this position on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland - Mater where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Mackay vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Keryn Brant at Keryn.Brant@mater.org.au.
- Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff. It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021 or commencement, whichever is the later. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement requirement.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered midwife?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.