Fairbridge College is a small independent school that specialises in working with students in years 7-12 (ages 12-18) who are either disengaged or at risk of disengaging from school. The College provides appropriate educational pathways through intensive holistic support and a flexible learning environment.
The Kalgoorlie Campus of Fairbridge College opened in 2020. We are continuing to grow and, as such, we are currently looking for a Teacher to join our team in 2022. The role is highly diverse and very hands-on and requires utmost flexibility, patience and understanding when dealing with students, staff and parents.
The successful candidate will have:
- proven capacity to teach literacy and/or numeracy to students who are academically several years behind their peers.
- proven experience teaching young people who are either disengaged or at risk of disengaging from school.
- proven experience utilising trauma-informed practice and techniques.
- the ability to be very flexible in the management and/or delivery of support to students.
- current registration with TRBWA (or eligibiity to be).
Candidates will be highly regarded if they have:
- additional training/qualifications/experience related to working with students that have specific learning disabilities and/or communication disorders (e.g. dyslexia or dysgraphia).
- capacity to teach across multiple content areas.
- training in the Berry Street Education Model.
- Cert IV TAE.
- LR/MR (bus) License.
Fairbridge College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children’s Check in accordance with this policy.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Your application must include:
- a covering letter highlighting the selection criteria
- an up to date Curriculum Vitae
- the names and contact details of three referees
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.