Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET) is a world class, industry-owned and privately-funded terminal located at the Port of Gladstone. This modern, state of the art terminal was built to expand the region’s coal export capacity, becoming operational in 2016. WICET is a $4 billion investment which operates with a high degree of automation and is committed to operating in a safe, environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner.
We are seeking an Information Systems Lead to be based in Brisbane, reporting to the IS&T Manager. Leading the WICET Information Systems function you will work with a team of internal and external support resources to support the applications and platforms which include the ERP (JDE), business, reporting and data warehouse systems. You will oversee business systems improvement projects and the maintenance of systems and services where your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop functional knowledge of business operations and strategy by connecting with relevant stakeholders to make recommendations on the optimal use of systems and tools to resolve problems in a sustainable manner.
- Provide application and operational support to JDE users; including translating business requirements into technical and functional specifications, investigating, and resolving problems, documentation, assisting with training and working with key stakeholders.
- Oversee enhancements and updates to business, reporting and ERP systems, liaising with third parties, IT and end users as required.
- Vendor engagement and stakeholder management, assisting with budgets, business cases, contracts, collaborating between system owners and monitoring performance.
- Maintaining core systems in the business by monitoring SLAs, upgrading systems, and supporting core system issues.
- Contribute to and authoring of technical documentation for related projects
- Lead the program for the overall simplification of the enterprise applications.
We need an ‘all-rounder’ capable of multi-tasking and setting priorities. To perform, you will need to use a broad set of IT experience and skill set. You will also be very flexible and adaptable, willing and able to work on a diverse range of tasks. You will have strong “trouble shooting” skills, and while you are able to work with minimal supervision, you enjoy being part of a small and technologically diverse team. You will also have:
- Strong experience and background in implementing and supporting enterprise applications such as JD Edwards, Oracle, Microsoft and other large custom-built applications in at least some of the following areas – Finance, Human Resources, Maintenance, Procurement, Warehousing, Asset Management, Safety and Learning systems.
- A blend of functional, technical, and business knowledge, demonstrating experience in working on a diverse range of applications and technologies with excellent communication skills and the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Tertiary qualifications with technical and functional support experience.
- Deep understanding of technology governance practices and principles.
- Ability to engage, influence and support change across a diverse technology team.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically about ways that business systems can assist the organisation.
- Commitment to and demonstration of WICET’s Mission, Values & Behaviours.
We are a small and agile team and looking to find a candidate with strengths in the above-mentioned areas and a drive towards helping out and getting things done.
Candidates must hold unrestricted working rights within Australia to be considered. Please note that as per WICET's Fitness for Work Procedure, shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing as part of the recruitment and selection process. Recruitment agencies kindly note that unsolicited agency candidates will not be accepted for this position.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.