Type: Full Time
Location: Watson ACT
Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability (SCHADS) Award 2010 Level 2 + full salary packaging options available.
“Our purpose is to help disadvantaged young Australians to flourish.”
Noffs is looking for a dynamic and compassionate Admin & Intake Officer to join our PALM Residential Drug and Alcohol Program to support young people aged 13-17 with serious alcohol and/or other drug-related difficulties. The successful candidate will work as a member of our multi-disciplinary team on the day-to-day program management and delivery in a residential therapeutic community, which includes group management and crisis intervention skills and organising positive recreational and educational activities.
This role will provide referral, intake and administration support as part of the PALM team and work closely with the young people. This role is the first point of contact for young people (and support services) looking to engage with the PALM program.
There are two main components to the position:
Intake and Referral
Overall manage the intake process from assessment to entry including:
- Being the first point of contact for potential clients and referrers.
- Provision of up to date information about the organisation.
- Administering the Ted Noffs Foundation's telephone screening procedure for potential clients in a respectful and caring manner.
- Provision of referral information as requested.
- Maintenance of a professional standard of behaviour and the confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients and their families.
- Maintenance of client's assessments calendar in consultation with clinical team.
- Assist with responses to requests for the Foundation, including handling enquiries and liaison with Foundation employees.
- Participate in an organisation wide telephone roster and be reception for PALM.
- Manage administration duties in consultation with the management team including (but not limited to): petty cash, record keeping, collations of statistics, human resources and staff training, rostering and timesheets, coordination of trades people, fleet management, key register and alarm management, accounts and asset management, couriers, food ordering, office and general supplies, etc.
- All aspects of management of rental and medical accounts for young people.
- All aspects of meeting management for all PALM meetings.
- House maintenance and WHS duties as required.
- Other duties as directed.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Tertiary or relevant qualifications.
- Relevant experience in providing high level administration support with attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
- Ability to relate to and interact with marginalised young people (in a residential setting would be advantageous) and their families.
- Knowledge of and commitment to a therapeutic community model.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent telephone and inter-personal manner and ability to act empathetically and with sensitivity.
- Commitment to the principles of harm minimisation and to the aims of the Ted Noffs Foundation.
- Must have a current and valid ACT Working With Vulnerable People Card (WWVPP) and Driver Licence.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in the drugs and alcohol field.
- Relevant experience in providing intake and referral services.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
Submit your application via SEEK (Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria above). Applications must be submitted by 24 October 2021.
Please note that rolling interviews may be performed. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest point.
For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Support Admin?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.