pitt&sherry is an Australian-owned engineering and environmental consultancy. Since 1963, we have been delivering engineering and environmental consulting, advisory and project management services throughout Australia. We deliver practical solutions to the transport, mining, civic & utilities, energy, industrial & manufacturing and government sectors. We employ over 290 staff with offices in Launceston, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane.
pitt&sherry are looking to grow its Hobart Structural team through the attraction of a committed and talented Senior Structural Engineer with 8 – 15 years experience.
- Undertake investigations, analysis and design for a range of structural projects including commercial, industrial and/or bridge projects
- Liaise with design technicians and other team members to ensure documentation is prepared to a high standard
- Work with clients and other disciplines as necessary to deliver practical solutions for our diverse client base.
We are looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in Structural Engineering
- 8 - 15 years' experience
- Marine and/or bridge experience is advantageous
- Experience in technical design and report writing
- Strong knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and construction methods
- Skills in structural analysis and design software including Space GASS or similar
- Willingness to undertake field activities
- Strong computer literacy is essential
- Enthusiasm and commitment to achieving successful project outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, being reliable, working hard, using initiative, adaptable to change and ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Embrace pitt&sherry's values
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Desire to learn and develop skills.
What is on offer?
- Competitive package, commensurate with experience
- Exceptional career opportunities for the right person, with the opportunity to contribute to a wide variety of state and national projects
- Immediate commencement
- The successful candidate will be a tertiary qualified, self-motivated team player.
- Variety of long standing client relationships with a steady inflow of project work
- Friendly office environment.
At pitt&sherry, we are committed to fostering a culture which values taking a sustainable approach in all that we do, empowering our people to achieve great outcomes through team work, collaboration and the freedom to be self directed in delivering on client needs. You will be supported by an excellent training / development scheme and a comprehensive salary / benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience to attract the right candidate.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace
We welcome and encourage applications from women as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, mature workers, LGBTI+ people and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Please express your interest in the role by applying via Seek by clicking on the “Apply for this job” button above with your CV and cover letter.
** Previous applicants need not to apply**
**The applicant must have the legal right for full-time work in Australia**
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a structural engineer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you a current member of Engineers Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.