Synapse is Australia’s leading brain injury organisation – and we’re making Australia a more supportive and understanding place to live for people experiencing brain injury.
We provide a range of services nationally, including information and referral, specialist supports, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services, advocacy, housing and targeted research activities. Synapse promotes quality of life, self-determination and choice. Our mission is to ensure the rights of people impacted by brain injury, by connecting knowledge, policy, services and systems.
Our people are what make us who we are, and we have built a strong, supportive culture. So, it’s incredibly important that we find the right person to join us.
About the Role
We have an opening in our friendly team for a highly motivated individual with disability sector experience working in Support Coordination or Case Management.
This is a busy, rewarding and varied role where no two days will be the same. You will be supporting people with brain injury to get the most out of their NDIS plans and to think creatively with them about ways to build capacity and utilise their funding.
We are also keen to hear from recent graduates who are interested in commencing their career in the disability sector. You will receive on the job mentoring and support.
We are a family-friendly organisation, we truly value and support our staff, and we believe in providing opportunities for our people to grow with us.
*Please note that this is a permanent, part-time opportunity (3 days a week) based in our Subiaco office in WA.
While qualifications and experience are important, equally as important is who you are as a person. We’re looking for someone with emotional intelligence, initiative and a passion for relationship building and supporting clients. You truly can make a difference in this role.
We’re also looking for:
- Qualifications or experience in case management, disability or community services
- Excellence in building rapport, negotiating and developing mutually beneficial relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve organisational objectives
- An understanding of legislation and standards relevant to the disability sector and those underpinning the NDIS
- Experience and/or understanding developing person-centred plans with people with a disability
- Experience and/or understanding in working with people with neurocognitive concerns and complex needs would be preferable, but not essential as we will mentor the right person
- Competence in using Microsoft Office programs as well as demonstrated experience using client information systems
There are certain prerequisites for this role that you must either hold or be eligible to obtain (e.g. Working with Children Check (blue card) and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Synapse can offer you
- Attractive remuneration with salary sacrificing options - mortgage/rent, living expenses, and entertainment.
- A warm, flexible and supportive work environment
- Training and development opportunities
This position will be advertised until the close of business on Friday, 22 October 2021. Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this advertisement depending on the number and quality of applications received. Therefore, we urge all suitable candidates to submit their application as early as possible.
Please forward any enquiries to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support coordinator?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.