Knowledge and Communications Specialist
24-month initial contract.
(A part time appointment (0.8 FTE) may be considered for an exceptional candidate.)
Location Preference: Sydney + ability to work from home.
Passionate about a clean energy future? Join our dynamic and committed team working with industry and research partners towards creating a flourishing low carbon Australia, where energy research improves quality of life and boosts energy productivity.
About RACE for 2030:
RACE for 2030 aims to accelerate the transition to Reliable, Affordable, Clean Energy by 2030 through innovation focused on energy end users.
We are a national, industry led collaborative research centre (CRC) established in July 2020 supported by $68.5M of Commonwealth Government funding. Our more than 70 partner organisation cover the whole value chain from end users, energy networks, technology companies, governments, and many of Australia’s leading energy researchers. We will invest $350m of cash and in-kind resources over 10 years to reduce energy bills and carbon emissions. For more information, please see the RACE for 2030 website: www.racefor2030.com.au
About the Role:
To maximise the contribution of the knowledge generated from RACE for 2030’s programs to transition Australia’s energy system to be low-carbon and customer centric.
- Guide partners on the knowledge sharing expectations before they submit a nomination.
- Engage with the Program Leads on the knowledge that can be created from a research project and who will be interested in it.
- Support partners to develop the knowledge sharing plan for approved projects as part of the project contracting process.
- Develop and implement the processes to manage the knowledge created from RACE for 2030’s research and other programs.
- Set and communicate the standards expected for knowledge sharing reports and other deliverables
- Review and approve knowledge sharing milestones, and provide feedback to partners on the deliverables.
- Build relationships with the knowledge, information and networks available to RACE for 2030 to co-design knowledge sharing activities that increases the reach of the knowledge from RACE for 2030’s research projects.
- Engage partners with the knowledge, information and networks available to RACE for 2030 to share knowledge and accelerate the uptake of innovations and market transformation.
- Develop and maintain a clear and ongoing understanding of target audience needs.
- Develop and deliver work programs that build target audience (external stakeholders) capacity to access and use RACE for 2030’s knowledge, information and networks effectively (including by creating or enhancing forums for discussion and/or delivery of decision support tools).
- Create communication plans for the release of knowledge sharing products and work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to finalise and deliver these.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to plan and execute draft media releases, social media and website content, as well as the development and delivery of webinars.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business, communications or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working in the energy sector, delivering energy applications, or in energy efficiency.
- Outstanding writing skills
- Experience in procuring, managing and delivering knowledge products such as reports, presentations, videos, graphics and other communication devices
- Audience needs analysis and developing knowledge products that support them to make decisions that lead to decarbonisation.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new concepts and information and deliver positive solutions
- Proven planning and organisational skills, with experience establishing priorities, allocating resources and meeting deadlines
- Strong project management skills, ideally with a proven record of successfully managing multi-stakeholder projects through to completion
- Outstanding relationship management skills, including the ability to interact, influence and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders within and outside RACE for 2030
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including the ability to liaise with senior management, develop professional and effective communications for a range of audiences and deliver engaging presentations
- Take accountability and have absolute determination to deliver outcomes
- Enthusiastic, positive and a team player
- Knowledge of the energy sector would be useful
Applications Close: Monday 25 October 2021
Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidate: Monday 01 November 2021
Please click APPLY NOW or by sending a covering letter and your up-to-date resume to email@example.com
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.