The Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity that encourages growth, investment and resilience in Australia’s rural and regional communities by delivering the Commonwealth’s farm business concessional loans.
A great opportunity has arisen at The RIC for a Full Time Business Manager to join the Program Delivery Team. This role requires a motivated, highly capable organiser, to partner closely with the Executive Director Program Delivery to provide strategic and specialist advice, manage relationships and coordinate the smooth functioning of the business unit through facilitation, organisation, administration and strategic support.
The ideal candidate will bring a reliable, positive go-getter attitude to the role to maintain the positive work environment and support the high performing division. They will be a trusted partner with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships built on trust and mutual respect; and will have strong business acumen and organisational skills paired with an excellent eye for detail.
As the Business Manager and a trusted adviser, you will be managing the relationships and coordinate works between the Program Delivery business units, as well as the Corporate Services and Engagement divisions. You will play a critical role in supporting the team in identifying and implementing process improvements delivering exemplary customer experience.
You will be responsible for:
- providing high level strategic advice and support to the ED to meet the strategic priorities
- coordinating cross business projects to ensure delivery within timeframes
- driving and coordinating the unit’s continuous improvement initiatives, delivering efficiency and productivity for the operations
- building and maintaining key strategic alliances internally and externally, to ensure awareness of major environment factors that may affect the smooth operating of the unit
- coordinating the smooth day-to-day functioning of Program Delivery. This encapsulates all administrative functions to ensure continued connectivity of the three departments. For example, tracking and following up on deadlines; maintaining the central repository of actions; attending meetings as the ED’s proxy
- preparing, reviewing and developing complex correspondence and documentation (reports, briefings, discussion papers) for presentation to executive staff
- liaising with relevant stakeholders to coordinate analysis and insight across Program Delivery
- managing the workforce plan for Program Delivery and working closely with the Human Resources function to deliver the right resources at the right time
- maintaining an awareness of policy, program, and organisational priorities
- undertaking other duties as directed
To be successful in this role candidates will have:
- a high level of professionalism
- advanced capability to influence, persuade and negotiate with key stakeholders
- a demonstrated ability to provide strategic support
- strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to write and present complex reports
- an ability to exercise sound judgement to make decisions within defined parameters, governed by the application of rules, regulations, best practice principles or the RIC’s operating instructions and procedures
- strong business acumen and organisational skills paired with an excellent eye for detail
- an ability to set goals, plan and co-ordinate projects, manage the risks involved and calculate budgets and resourcing
- demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships built on trust and mutual respect
- an ability to work collaboratively, with a positive team player attitude
- exceptional communication skills and the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to resolve conflict
- superior time management skills with the proven ability to prioritise and manage competing projects and tasks whilst delivering to tight timeframes
- the ability to operate under broad direction, working both independently and as a part of a team
Knowledge and experience
- previous agribusiness banking experience or working within a related regional Australian business
- a lending background preferably in the area of rural lending
- demonstrated experience in successfully coordinating and ensuring delivery of multiple complex and varied projects
- government experience is highly desirable
- relevant qualifications in finance, banking, accounting or economics would be highly regarded.
For this position we offer:
- $113,744 - $147,199 per annum (plus 10% Superannuation)
- Normally 36.75 hours per week
- 4 weeks annual leave
Applications Close: 24/10/2021
The RIC has the right to interview for this position prior to the closing date.
The RIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, safe and flexible workplace that values differences, supports inclusiveness and encourages all employees regardless of gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or caring responsibilities, to achieve their potential. Only Australian Citizens may apply for this position.
Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.