About Nutrition Australia
Nutrition Australia is a non-government, not-for-profit, community-based organisation that operates in all States and Territories in Australia with the assistance of professionals who are specialists in the fields of food, nutrition, health promotion and business. Each Division provides a range of services that are specific to the needs of their State or Territory.
About the Role
Nutrition Australia Vic Division is seeking a tertiary qualified nutrition professional with a passion for early childhood and school aged nutrition to join the Healthy Eating Advisory Service team for a maternity leave position. This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, passionate and supportive team working with stakeholders state-wide.
The Healthy Eating Advisory Service (HEAS) is an initiative funded by the Victorian Government. It aims to build the knowledge, skills and capacity of food service staff, other staff and health professionals working in key settings across Victoria in order to improve the availability of healthy food and drinks across the State. The service supports the strategic direction of the Victorian Government with respect to public health and wellbeing.
The primary purpose of this position is to support implementation of the nutrition policies and guidelines to Victorian early childhood services and primary and secondary schools.
What you would do
The main things include:
- Establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with the Senior Nutrition Policy Advisor - Early Childhood and Schools, Nutrition Manager and other HEAS staff.
- Maintaining a telephone and email advisory service to:
- support settings to implement policies and guidelines
- provide advice about creating healthy eating environments.
- Providing information and advice to health professionals in local communities supporting services to implement guidelines.
- Delivering training to target settings and health promoters as required.
- Collecting and developing case studies demonstrating healthy changes to food and drink provision in early childhood services and schools.
- Providing input into the development of engagement and communications strategies for various elements of work including content for social media.
- Engaging new organisations and stakeholders to increase uptake of HEAS.
- Collaborating with partner programs on joint initiatives.
- Collecting process and impact data for reporting and evaluation under direction of the Nutrition Manager and Program Manager.
- Supporting the delivery of HEAS services to other settings.
Essential skills and experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications and a minimum of 12 months experience in public health nutrition/nutrition and dietetics/health promotion
- Eligible for Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD), Accredited Nutritionist (AN) and/or Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) or Registered Public Health Nutritionist (RPHNutr) status.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Victorian public health nutrition landscape.
- Understanding of the policies, guidelines and frameworks that direct the operation of Victorian early childhood services and schools, specifically with regard to nutrition and healthy eating.
- Experience in advising the provision of healthy food and drinks for schools and early childhood services.
- Experience and confidence in presenting to various audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and task management skills, including demonstrated ability to set goals and targets, meet tight deadlines and handle competing demands.
What's in it for you?
Benefits and perks include:
- Full-time contract role until May 2022 (note possibility of extension)
- Make a difference to the health of children in Victoria.
- You will also be contributing to the launch of an exciting new state-wide healthy eating initiative in partnership with Cancer Council Victoria.
- Working as part of a high performing team and not-for-profit with purpose.
- Staff wellbeing and a recognition program.
- Access to salary packaging.
- Hybrid working arrangement, working from home and office in Docklands, Melbourne.
- Apply asap as early applications will be considered.
How to apply
This is a full-time contract role until May 2022.
To apply for this exciting position please click 'Apply Now' and submit your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria set out in the position description.
Please visit our website for the full Position Description, including key selection criteria: https://nutritionaustralia.org/about/join-our-team/
Applications are due by 9am on Friday 22 October 2021.
Enquiries to Fiona Gardner at email@example.com, using the subject line Nutrition Policy Advisor.
Please note, due to a high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.