Our mission is open hearts and bold strides.
Ruah aims to promote measures to achieve equality. Section 51 of the Equal opportunity Act applies to this role.
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Team Lead in our Family Services team. As a Team Lead you will play an important role in supporting the Family and Domestic Violence Service Leads through the effective management of Ruah’s Family and Domestic Violence portfolio. You will play a significant role in shaping the strategic focus of the organisation.
This position will involve leading an effective team. Supporting your team to deliver high quality care by managing the day to day functions of the service area. This will include identifying staff performance issues, recruitment, staff leave queries, injury management and general staffing issues with the support of the Service Leads. No day will be the same with the balance of client facing work and day to day management.
The ideal candidate will utilise their personal drive, professional experience, and exemplary conduct to build and sustain a high performing team that effectively responds to and addresses client needs.
This position will operate within the Perth Metro area, there will be an expectation to travel between various sites and work across different programs within Family Services. Hours of work are 38 hours per week.
What do we offer?
- A supportive team
- Level 5 of the SCHDSI award – from $85,121 depending on experience
- Salary packaging, 5 weeks annual leave, leave loading
- Our technology is pretty awesome too
Who are we looking for?
It is expected that the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in leading a successful team within the program area of Family Domestic Violence.
- Significant understanding of, and commitment to the Purpose, Vision and Values of Ruah.
- Experience in direct service delivery to address client needs in the program area of Family Domestic Violence.
- Experience in managing for the achievement of client outcomes in the area of Family Domestic Violence.
- Strong ability to respond in a timely manner to address competing client needs.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including strong skills in negotiation and consultation.
- Experience in developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships and stakeholder relationships.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident public speaking and presentation style.
- Current drivers’ license
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Certificate
- COVID-19 vaccination(s)
Candidate Notice: Ruah is currently evaluating the requirements of the WA Government’s Health Worker Directions for mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations. An applicant and/or new employee will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status in accordance with the Directions and/or applicable Ruah employment terms or policy.
As a specialist in Family Domestic Violence, your role would be to support the learning and development needs of staff across the organisation in this specialist area.
If you are interested in this position, please prepare a 1-2 page cover letter outlining how you are suited to the role and addressing the selection criteria. Please submit this along with a current resume. The position description can be found on our website www.ruah.org.au.
Closing date for applications- Sunday, 5pm, 24th October 2021
For further information about the position please contact:
Service Lead, Family and Domestic Violence
Jessica.email@example.com [link removed]
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
We are building a workplace where difference is embraced and encouraged - and to do this, we need people on our team who are representative of the clients we work with, who are passionate about change and courageous enough to stand up for what is right.
Everyone is welcome. Everyone belongs.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.