Coogee Chemicals is an innovative and highly successful private company pursuing growth through the supply of industrial, agricultural and mineral processing chemicals to the Australian and International markets. Our expansive operations in WA, Queensland and Victoria provide numerous products and services, including chemical manufacturing, tank terminals and transport, to a variety of clients across the region.
Our Mechanical Maintenance team is looking for enterprising, enthusiastic and proactive Heavy Duty Mechanics who will enjoy being part of a small hands on tight knit team, and who has a passion for delivering outcomes.
We are seeking energetic, team oriented, safety conscious candidates, who are interested in consolidating their experience and potential. If you are keen to learn, can demonstrate commitment, possess a strong work ethic and interested in developing your career in a role that offers challenges and variety, then look no further.
The core responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that work is performed to a high professional quality, per the Work Order, Project of Management of Change documentation, drawings, specifications, procedures or ITP’s.
- Carry out work as planned by the Transport Workshop Team Leader, ensuring work allocated is scheduled and performed efficiently.
- Maintain and use professional and personal tools of the trade, and any company equipment as designed so that it does not compromise the integrity and safety. To report any defects or non- conformances to the Transport Workshop Team Leader.
- Maintain all vehicle maintenance service logs accurately.
- Understand and maintain accurate dangerous goods requirements, per the Australian Dangerous Goods Code of Practice.
- Participate in the development, coaching and mentoring of trainee/ apprentice personnel.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, including daily time cards, work orders, JSEA’s, risk assessments and time outs.
- Be an active member of the afternoon shift program and part of the call out team, including when scheduled carry the callout phone.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Team Leader within applicable skills, knowledge and abilities.
The successful candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has:
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology, or an equivalent Australian recognised and qualified Diesel automotive, mechanical trade.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety systems and safe operating procedures in an industrial setting.
- Experience in welding, fabrication and auto electrics would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience with pumps and forklift maintenance.
- Basic Knowledge of transportation and logistic requirements.
- HR/ MC drivers licence.
- Dangerous goods licence.
- High Risk Work Licence (CN and LF)
Benefits and Culture
The people within our team come from different walks of life offering a wealth of knowledge and operational experience. Our team is dedicated and passionate to delivering results to provide optimal maintenance.
We have employees who have been with the Company for over 10,15 and 20 years so we must be doing something right!
For the right candidate, this is an exciting opportunity to join a secure, well established and successful business which provides significant career development prospects.
To submit your application please do so by clicking the “Apply for this job” link and submitting your current resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria.
Applications close on Friday, 19 November 2021.
To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
Coogee is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity in our workforce and we have fitness for work policies in place at all of our sites.
Please be aware that applicants may be required to provide a National Police Certificate (Australia-wide Criminal History) prior to commencement in this role.
For further information on our company, visit www.coogee.com.au
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have professional welding experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Heavy Duty Mechanic?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.