Coogee Chemicals is an innovative and highly successful private company pursuing growth through the supply of industrial, agricultural and mineral processing chemicals to the Australian and International markets. Our expansive operations in WA, Queensland and Victoria provide numerous products and services, including chemical manufacturing, tank terminals and transport, to a variety of clients across the region.
Our Kemerton Chlor Alkali team is looking for an enterprising, enthusiastic and proactive Electrical and Instrumentation Technician who will enjoy being part of a flexible team, who has a passion for utilising their operational knowledge and delivering outcomes year on year.
We are seeking energetic, team oriented, safety conscious candidates, who are interested in consolidating their experience and potential. If you are keen to learn, can demonstrate commitment, possess a strong work ethic and are interested in developing your career in a role that offers challenges and innovation, then look no further. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic growing Chlor Alkali business.
The core responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- On a weekly basis review and implement the E&I preventative maintenance plan.
- On an ongoing basis liaise with Production personnel to provide appropriate E&I support.
- On a needs basis attend to all E&I breakdown issues.
- On a needs basis identify, organise and manage E&I contractors.
- On a needs basis carry out maintenance and program changes to the DCS.
- On a needs basis order all E&I spare parts.
- On an ongoing basis ensure that all hazardous area requirements are met in relation to all electrical equipment.
- On an ongoing basis ensure that all E&I maintenance documentation and electronic records are reviewed and maintained.
- On a needs basis ensure that all E&I maintenance is conducted within approved budgets.
- On an ongoing basis ensure that all alarms and trips of equipment related to Safety Instrumented Systems and Burner Management Systems are reported by logging as an incident report in the Incident Reporting Register.
- On an ongoing basis undertake proof testing of Functional Safety Management Systems (Safety Instrumented Systems and Burner Management Systems).
- On an ongoing basis ensure that safe work practices are followed by maintenance staff and contractors.
The successful candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has:
- Current unrestricted WA Electrical Workers licence.
- Current In-house Electrical Installing License and/or Electrical Contractors License.
- Certificate IV and experience in Electrical Instrumentation.
- High Voltage Switching Operations Certificate.
- Be eligible for the appointment as the site electrical supervisor as per Electricity (Licensing) Regulations 1991.
- Certificate in installation and maintenance of electrical equipment in hazardous areas (EEHA)
For the right candidate, this is an exciting opportunity to join a secure, well established and successful business which provides significant career development prospects.
To submit your application please do so by clicking the “Apply for this job” link and submitting your current resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria.
Applications close on 3 December 2021.
To apply for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
Coogee is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity in our workforce and we have fitness for work policies in place at all of our sites.
Please be aware that applicants may be required to provide a National Police Certificate (Australia-wide Criminal History) prior to commencement in this role.
For further information on our company, visit www.coogee.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current electrical licence?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.