As the Early Childhood Officer you will:
- Consistently apply relevant state and nationally applied early childhood education and care (ECEC) legislation in the approval, monitoring and quality assessment of these services.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with providers of early childhood education and care services, other sector stakeholders and government agencies.
The Early Childhood Officer reports to the Early Childhood Team Leader or the Early Childhood Manager in the Region.
As the Early Childhood Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Make recommendations in relation to provider and service approvals, quality assessment and ratings, compliance monitoring and enforcement in accordance with relevant nationally applied and state ECEC legislation, with a focus on quality outcomes for children.
- Assess and document the performance of ECEC service providers and make recommendations on necessary actions to the Early Childhood Manager or Team Leader.
- Advise the Early Childhood Manager or Team Leader on issues relating to provider and service approvals and their ongoing monitoring and compliance.
- Provide consistent advice to the general public, service providers, other external stakeholders and state and Commonwealth agencies about the regulatory framework.
- Apply consistent, transparent and robust business practices including recordkeeping, assessment, approval, monitoring and complaint processes and management.
- Input data into relevant ECEC services databases enabling the collection of relevant, timely and accurate information in relation to regional ECEC services.
- Undertake performance monitoring of funded ECEC services against service level agreements.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the good governance and objectives of the region and the broader department.
- Identify and develop continuous improvement strategies relevant to the role of Early Childhood Officer.
Contact Name: Debbie Hendry, Manager (07) 4037 3907
Closing Date: Sunday 24 October, 2021
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.