- RACV Hobart Hotel, Tasmania
- Full time newly created permanent opportunity
- Highly competitive salary package with benefits
When it comes to the perfect city escape in Tasmania, our RACV Hobart Hotel is a destination of choice. We're currently seeking a motivated and proactive Admin and HR Assistant to join our friendly team on a permanent full-time basis.
A day in the life
- On boarding of new employees including induction and orientation.
- Ensure all employee files are maintained and contact details are updated.
- Schedule and update all employee’s training to meet compliance
- Assist with the payroll process for the weekly hours approval including time and attendance information and leave forms.
- Support employees and managers in the assessment and delivery of training programs.
- Monitor and action health and safety issues in conjunction with Department Heads.
- Facilitate OHS committee meetings and distribute agenda and minutes.
- Support Department Heads to ensure all incidents are recorded, actioned and reported on the online safety management system.
- Assist with administrative functions and provide support to other departments when required.
- Maintain accurate records of documents ensuring materials are filed confidentially.
- Maintain a safe working environment, minimising/eliminating staff or guest injuries by adhering to RACV OHS and Risk management Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out the day-to-day tasks associated with the accounting functions at the hotel.
- Adhere to accounting procedures to ensure the security of monies held on premises and assist in performing an audit at the start of each month for all floats held on the premises.
- Assisting with all functions relating to accounts payable including receiving, coding, processing invoices and supply information to RACV Head Office to ensure efficient payment of accounts.
- Assist in preparing for stocktake and processing variance reports in relation to cost of goods sold.
- Preparation and reconciliation of daily banking receipts and credit card payments.
- Assisting functions relating to accounts receivable including checking invoice accuracy, sending invoices to debtors, reconciling debtor accounts, monitor overdue invoices, process payments.
- Competitive salary package with benefits.
- Ongoing training and career developing opportunities.
- Opportunity to join during an exciting time of growth.
We are looking for
- Previous experience as an admin assistant within a hotel or hospitality environment is ideal.
- Possess strong computer skills especially the Microsoft Suite. Opera, Concur, MC and SAP knowledge is highly desired.
- An understanding of OHS and generalist HR procedures
- Excellent administration, communication and organisational skills.
- A high attention to detail.
- Team player who can work well under pressure.
Our values are central to everything we do. We’re proud to have four key values that represent how we work together to create a great employee experience:
- Innovation– seek to create a better way
- Accountability– own it see it through
- Courage– challenge yourself and others to grow
- One Team– together we achieve more
A little about us…
Our eight RACV Resorts are an integral part of making this ambition a reality. Giving our guests access to everything from unique dining experiences to luxury day spas – and at discounted Member rates – they’ve become valuable places to recharge and reconnect.
And they can be found in some of Australia’s most attractive locations: at the gateway to the Great Ocean Road, in the heart of Hobart, nestled among a Gold Coast golf course and more. Our latest destination – the RACV Cape Schanck Resort – is perched on the edge of Victoria’s spectacular Mornington Peninsular.
You can learn more about our resorts at racv.com.au/travel-leisure/racv-resorts.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following property management systems (PMS) do you have experience with?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration assistant?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.