Bennett & Philp is a well-known mid-sized Commercial Law Firm located in the Brisbane CBD. This role is full time and you will be working in our CBD office.
Precedents are an integral part of a law firm and are used to reduce the time spent by legal staff on common and recurring tasks. The goal for Bennett & Philp is to automate and simplify document processing and generating, with the goal of improving the quality of service and productivity.
This Graduate role will initially be focused on development and coding/tagging of precedents in Word using document assembly tools in the firm’s Practice Management software, Practice Evolve. The successful candidate will be provided training in coding/tagging of precedents however, knowledge of logic statements would be an advantage. The successful candidate would be tagging (coding) legal documents using logic tags (If, Choice and Question) and document assembly tools available in Practice Evolve.
It would be expected that this role focuses on precedents for the first 12 months while being exposed to various areas of law, with a view to joining a team as a lawyer. A positive, friendly and helpful attitude in dealing with colleagues will help you do well in securing a position as a key member of the team.
The successful candidate would possess strong IT skills and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word and the ability to learn or existing knowledge of Styles in Microsoft Word. A high attention to detail to ensure documents comply with the Firm’s Style Guide and desired goals of reducing time spent by legal staff on document generation and assembly.
The successful applicant will be confident, resilient, organised and energetic and in addition, you will:
- Have already completed your PLT or be on your way to completing PLT
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with team members, including the Firm’s administration teams and clients
- Have the drive to build your own brand to set yourself apart from the rest
- Have interests in and pursue goals outside your studies and field of law
In return for your hard work, you can expect from Bennett & Philp
- The opportunity for career advancement based on performance
- Opportunities to learn from and work with high performing and skilled lawyers
- Opportunities for networking
- A strong social and inclusive culture
You will need to be able to work a minimum of two days per week.
Applications received without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Nicole Jacobs, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.