About our Group
We are part of the Better Medical network which is an owner and operator of high-quality general practice clinics across Australia. We passionately believe that primary care needs to be locally focused, and that’s why our group of practices are locally managed, regionally connected, and centrally supported
After Hours Doctor is part of a group of medical practices located in the south-east of Tasmania, surrounding Hobart. Located within a purpose-built and well-equipped clinic, After Hours Doctor provides general practice and urgent care consultations to patients outside of regular general practice clinic hours.
About the Role
A part-time opportunity exists for an experienced Medical Receptionist at After Hours Doctor. This role is perfect for someone who has a flexible approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude, is available 10 hours per fortnight, with the flexibility to cover annual leave and sick leave when required. Rostered hours required will include from 5.30pm-10.30pm weeknights, or 8.30am-10.30pm weekends and Public Holidays. An immediate start is available.
Daily tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Excellent customer service – you will be the first point of contact for our patients, in person and on the phone.
- Maintaining confidentiality while managing patient records.
- Processing payments, Medicare, and third-party claims
- Effective management of patient appointment types
- General administration and office duties
- Duties as required by Doctors and the Practice Manager
Work with a passionate team
Our commitment to the delivery of exceptional clinical care is unwavering. You will become a valued member of the team and experience a culturally diverse patient population that is both professionally challenging and immensely rewarding. If you want to have a real impact on the health outcomes of the local community, we would love to hear from you.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Professional, friendly, confident, and courteous manner
- High work ethic and flexibility with work hours
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- High level of computer literacy
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team and independently
- High level of attention to detail.
- Previous Medical Reception experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm, willingness, and ability to learn and retain information
Your application will be reviewed if you include a current resume and send an introductory letter (no more than 1 x A4 page in length) that outlines your availability across all workdays and addresses why you are seeking a medical receptionist role, your key career achievements, and what you can personally bring to Better Medical.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming a likeminded medical receptionist to our team.
- Do you have experience in administration?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.