Whatever the challenge, it’s a chance to connect clients with our people, process and technical excellence.
You will work on diverse and exciting projects and shape the way we evolve, adapt and transform our industries. This opportunity will see you lead a large project that will bring significant change to our client’s business.
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
• The TasWater CDO will deliver:
• Opportunities for people to grow and develop
• Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
• Improved safety outcomes
• Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post completion
• The necessary framework for emergent projects
Bryn Estyn Project:
The Bryn Estyn WTP Upgrade project is the design and construction of a new 160 MLD water treatment plant within the existing Bryn Estyn WTP site. Bryn Estyn WTP is location 30 mins outside of Hobart and services approximately 60% of Hobart Water supply annually. Construction is expected to take approximately three (3) years, with the upgraded WTP to provide a robust and multi-barrier approach to protecting health and reducing risk within the water catchment. The project will include a new 22kV high voltage network, LV distribution and associated instrumentation and controls.
TasWater CDO have a requirement for an experienced Commissioning Engineer – Process/Mechanical to join our programs team. The Commissioning Engineer/Technician is responsible site commissioning, training, testing and handover activities. Your Accountabilities:
• Assist with construction / design issue resolution and quality control ensuring that mechanical and electrical installation is in accordance with overall installation design philosophy.
• Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other UGI commissioning staff at site – in particular maintain a commissioning program to ensure that construction and commissioning activities are scheduled in such a manner to ensure timely delivery of the overall project.
• Preparation of Commissioning Plans, ITP’s and Check Sheets to adequately plan and document commissioning activities for the project.
• Preparation of Commissioning Program to identify all commissioning activities to be completed as part of the project and identify the extent of plant and personnel resources to enable the successful execution of commissioning activities within the contractual timeframe of the project. Liaison with Project Management to ensure that the identified resources are obtained utilizing a timely and cost-efficient approach.
• Liaison with Project Design Engineers to resolve any identified technical deficiencies encountered with the Project Design.
• Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• Extensive experience in commissioning of large-scale water or wastewater treatment plant
• Process knowledge of water treatment plants
• Experience in chemical dosing plants and systems
What makes you right for UGL:
• Genuine concern for safety
• Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
• An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
• A belief that team success and value are realised when everyone plays a part
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.