For over eight-years, this boutique accommodation provider has developed a highly profitable portfolio of hotels, luxury resorts, serviced and permanent residential apartments across the east coast of Australia. The group has deep roots within the hospitality and tourism industry, across the multiple locations along the east coast of Australia.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our property located in Brisbane, and lead a team of dedicated individuals that want to ensure the property offers the best possible experience to its guests and residents.
General Manager of a strata-hotel, providing contemporary and stylish hotel rooms and serviced apartments, as well as a premium choice of residential apartments for permanent rental accommodation.
The General Manager will ensure the smooth running of the hotel; responsible for achieving efficient and effective hotel operations, and delivery of superior customer service and quality outcomes; maximising profitability and enhancing the guest experience through effective management strategies and initiatives.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage daily operations within each department of the hotel, including Front Office, Housekeeping and Maintenance, providing effective leadership, guidance and communication.
- Provide support and training on the hotel’s standards, policies and procedures, operational requirements and business objectives.
- Manage the operational performance of the hotel through meeting and exceeding set budgetary requirements.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Directors and stakeholders of the strata complex and ensure open lines of communication are maintained.
- Proactively seek sales and marketing opportunities, ensuring a focus on continuous business development ensuring maximum room yield, and increase hotel revenue through strategic sale practices and yield management.
- Manage performance of employees, co-ordinate recruitment, induction, training and development of staff with the ability to provide regular feedback to management.
- Manage and resolve guest complaints in a timely and appropriate manner to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
- Regularly monitor and report upon the hotel’s financial performance against the operational budget to achieve annual set targets.
- Ensure hotel is compliant with all company guidelines, as well as federal, state and local laws including WH&S, licensing, fire regulations and essential services.
- Lead by example and conduct yourself in a professional manner that reflects the company in a positive way.
Qualifications & Requirement's
- Experience in Managerial position in similar role/industry.
- Great with people and ability to build rapport easily.
- Passionate and motivated to succeed.
- Strata Hotel Experience.
- Be part of a growing business with opportunities for advancement.
- Competitive salary.
- Accommodation included within remuneration, is possible.
- Opportunities to advance within a growing company.
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for yield management?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.