Marketing, Communications and IT - Trainee (Identified)
About the Role:
Bidgerdii Community Health Service is currently seeking a Trainee - Marketing, Communications and IT (Identified). The position will be full time and primarily based at our Bolsover Street clinic.
The position will provide support to the Communications and IT teams to implement the organisation's communication, marketing and IT strategies and build and maintain the online and media presence of Bidgerdii activities within the community.
The successful applicant will be involved in the implementation of communication / marketing activities, assist with social media, website, newsletter, media and IT Technical Support activities under the guidance of the Marketing and Communications Officer and IT Officer.
*This is an Indigenous – identified position. Applicants must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent (pursuant to Section 14 (d) of the Anti-discrimination act). Please indicate in your application if you are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent.*
Key Selection Criteria:
- Possesses a minimum Senior Secondary Certificate year 10 or equivalent.
- Be willing to immediately commence and complete a Certificate III in IT or Marketing related discipline.
- Demonstrate a high level of written communication skills and literacy.
- An interest in working in the Marketing, Digital Media, or Information Technology industries.
- Willingness to show initiative and receive training from experienced mentors, receive feedback.
- An awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues, particularly in the health area which are affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as a demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- The ability to work proactively as part of a team and independently to meet deadlines coupled with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Hold a current, unrestricted “C” class Driver’s Licence.
- Immunisation requirements – It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B, hepatitis A and pertussis (whooping cough) during their employment
- In line with legislation changes (no card, no start policy) all successful candidates must hold a current Blue Card prior to commencement
- Satisfactory Police Check
All applications are to comprise of a current resume together and a brief covering letter responding to the Key Selection Criteria listed above.
Closing Date: Close of Business - Wednesday 10 November 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.