Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
- Leadership and Governance
- Administration Support
- Youth and Children's Ministries
- Community Support Services/Doorways
This role is a part time position for 20 hours per week and will provide reception and administrative support to the NT divisional office.
You will successfully
- Establish effective work relationships with key staff, mangers, and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Maintain regular communication with all team members.
- Provide reception and administrative support to the NT Divisional Office
- Establish effective working relationships with key staff, mangers, and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Answering the company phone in a polite and welcoming manner and directing calls to the relevant employee.
- Monitoring, prioritising, and responding to emails.
- Collecting and distributing mail.
- Compiling and sending emails, memos, and letters, as requested.
- Managing brokerage documentation.
- Scanning paper documents such as contracts into the relevant database.
- Creating and maintaining effective filing systems for easy access to files - both electronic and hard copy.
- Maintaining an updated office contact list.
- Payment of invoices.
You will have
- Demonstrated previous experience working in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to use a full range of PC applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Willingness to obtain a current National Police Check
What we offer
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you may enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.