LegalVision is a market disruptor in the commercial legal services industry. Our innovative business model and custom-built technology allow our lawyers to provide a faster, better quality and more cost-effective client experience. LegalVision is a leader in delivering legal services in Australia and has assisted more than 150,000 businesses. We were named an Employer of Choice by Australasian Lawyer in 2019 and 2020, and Law Firm of the Year at the 2021 Australasian Law Awards.
The LegalVision Graduate Program presents a unique opportunity to launch your legal career at Australia’s fastest growing law firm. LegalVision was founded to improve access for every business to quality legal services, disrupt the traditional law firm model, and promote a culture of technological innovation in Australia and beyond. As a Graduate at LegalVision, you will play a critical role in bringing this mission to life.
You will receive comprehensive formal and on the job training focused on technical legal knowledge, matter management, and client service to give you a strong understanding of the legal needs of Australian businesses, in order to provide pragmatic advice.
Our January 2022 graduate intake will include full time, permanent roles in the following practice areas:
- Commercial Contacts (including IT and Privacy)
- Franchising & Leasing
- Trade Marks
There will be no rotations. When submitting your application, please indicate your preferred practice area.
Successful candidates must be available to commence full time work in our Sydney office no later than 17 January 2022.
What You’ll Be Doing
Under the supervision of our Practice Leaders and Senior Lawyers, you’ll be communicating with clients and taking carriage of matters from your first month! Depending on your chosen Practice Area, a typical day for our graduate lawyers may include (among other things):
- Conducting legal research.
- Provide oral and written advice to clients on a broad range of legal matters (including as part of our industry leading Legal Advice Consultation service).
- Drafting, reviewing and assisting in the negotiation of a broad range of commercial legal documentation, including website terms & conditions, privacy policies, customer and supplier agreements, commercial leases, and franchising agreements.
- Advising clients on a range of regulatory matters, including in relation to Australia privacy laws, the Australian Consumer Law and the Corporations Act.
- Advising clients on business structuring, including preparing necessary documentation (such as Shareholder Agreements, Company Constitutions, Employee Share Option Schemes, etc) and incorporating companies.
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts, contractor agreements and workplace policies.
- Advising and assisting clients on Intellectual Property protection, including registering trademarks and managing their trademark portfolios.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified with strong academics: You are a recent law graduate and are either already admitted as a Lawyer, or will be admitted by the end of March 2022.
- Wants to do things differently and isn’t the average law graduate: You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are keen to grow as a lawyer in an innovative NewLaw environment.
- Passionate about the client experience: You are focused on your clients and you’re dedicated to creating experiences that exceed client expectations.
- Personable, empathetic and resilient: You are friendly, warm and professional. You celebrate the ups and push through and learn from the downs.
- Cool and calm under pressure: You are an organised and efficient worker, and can effectively manage competing priorities.
- Fast-paced environment with exciting growth opportunities.
- Talented, fun and supportive managers and team members.
- Annual budget to spend on external learning opportunities.
- Paid volunteering, birthday and parental leave.
- Relaxed (and dog friendly!) office environment.
- No suits = more money to spend at Messina around the corner!
If joining LegalVision as a Graduate sounds like the perfect start to your legal career, we’d love to hear from you. Applications close at 11:59pm AEDT on Sunday, 31 October 2022.
A note to recruiters: we’re all over this role, so there’s no need for you to get in touch. LegalVision does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.