- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- Full-time, ongoing
- Build strong engagement with local audiences
- Location: Collinswood
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQ+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
About the Role
Local Radio in Adelaide is seeking a Producer to provide informative and entertaining content, in a high pressure live radio environment for a local Adelaide audience. In the role, you will:
- Contribute to program planning and participate in operational and administrative activities of the station
- Demonstrated advanced teamwork skills as well as sound, independent editorial judgement
- Regularly break exclusive stories from suitable leads from talkback callers, texts, social media
- Lead emergency broadcasting under the direction of the Content Director when required
- Identify content for digital and social media distribution.
- Display a high-level understanding of the Adelaide media environment and ABC Radio Adelaide’s role within that environment
- Demonstrated experience in producing broadcast content for radio with a strong focus on daily local current affairs and news.
You are a motivated team player that is adept at meeting tight deadlines, with demonstrated experience in radio. You pride yourself on having advanced editorial skills and judgement. You have a passion to develop and produce accessible and relevant program content with a create approach to program contraction and delivery. You will also have:
- A very strong knowledge of Adelaide and South Australian issues
- A sound understanding and commitment to ABC Editorial Policies as well as including Corporate Equity & Diversity and WH&S policies and practices and their relevance to program making
- Detailed knowledge of modern broadcast technology including digital editing and online content
- An ability to work under minimal supervision with the capacity to initiate, research and conduct interviews and provide significant input into shaping program and station sound
- Ability to produce and present live and pre-recorded reports and programs for radio at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated understanding and passion to source and create authentic content which represents the broad diversity of the Australian community, including stories that reflect a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and Indigenous communities where editorially relevant.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: 30001922 PRODUCER.pdf
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For further information on this position please contact Deborah O'Callaghan, Local Content Director on 08 8343 4409
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Monday 25 October 2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.