Cylite is an exciting high-tech startup company developing cutting edge 3D optical imaging instruments for applications in ophthalmology and optometry. The company is based in Melbourne, Australia, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, and is a winner of multiple industry awards. We are looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer with extensive embedded software development experience to join our enthusiastic, talented, and collaborative team.
The successful applicant will be part of the Cylite team building the firmware for the real-time control of the instruments, including controlling high speed sensors, FPGAs, stepper motors, LED displays, signal generation, monitoring, and more. All engineering activities follow IEC-62304 and related regulatory requirements for quality and safety.
- develop high-quality, robust firmware and software for Cylite instruments
- design, develop and maintain code across the whole SDLC
- bringup of new hardware, testing and evaluating components
- prototype new designs and evaluate new components
- maintain existing firmware, improve performance, robustness, add features or port to new hardware
A solid background in commercial C/C++ development is essential, as is experience delivering products to market.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Multiple years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Electronics Engineering/Mechatronics or equivalent
- Outstanding Embedded C/C++ and design skills
- Experience with 32-bit MCUs and toolchains
- Real-time operating systems, threading, concurrency issues
- Embedded Linux development (including bootloaders, packaging, distribution mgt, etc)
- USB development (UVC, HID, CDC, custom protocol design)
- Source code management with Git
- Testing – manual, automated, thorough validation
- Motion control for multi-axis motors and actuators
- Control and interfacing with OLED displays
- Control systems, PID control design and tuning
- Thorough understanding of various protocols, including RS-232/485, SPI, I2C, USB SS
- Debugging, fault finding on boards
- Principles of Software Engineering and best practices
- Understanding of the full Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
Highly desirable skills:
- Understanding of electronics schematics and multi-layer PCB layouts
- Electrical Engineering and digital fundamentals
- VHDL development and Xilinx Vivado
- Altium Designer
- Python scripting and automation
- Experience working with Atlassian Jira and Bitbucket
- Safety critical systems experience
- IEC-62304 Experience
Advantages and benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive remuneration package
- work on clinical instrumentation for worldwide market with great scope for impact
- collaborate with highly skilled specialists in software, electronics, and optics
- An opportunity for you to grow and learn in a friendly and supportive culture
- Join a fast-growing company at the leading edge of diagnostic imaging
- What's your highest level of education?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.