Venue Manager | Axe Throwing Venue & Bar | NEW Venue Launch
Venue Manager & Chief Axe-pert - MANIAX Melbourne CBD
Are you after THE most bad-ass job in Melbourne? Is leading a team to deliver axe-ceptional experiences second nature to you? Ready to take on a brand-spanking-new venue? Read on, future Axe-pert.
MANIAX introduced the fast growing and exciting sport of Urban Axe Throwing to Australia in 2014. With venues in Sydney, Abbotsford, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, we're the home of axe throwing in Australia.
MANIAX specialises in bringing people together for a good time they won't forget, followed by some great craft beer and piping hot pizza. We're expanding rapidly as we strive to share the thrilling experience of hurling hatchets with all of Australia and the brand new MELBOURNE CBD venue will take this next level.
We are seeking an individual with an exuberant and outgoing personality, with experience in:
- Leading a team of SUPER outgoing team members
- Managing an entertainment, sporting or hospitality venue
- Excellent organisational skills
- Customer facing roles
Primary functions of this job are:
- Play a key role in running a fast paced facility with the largest Urban Axe Throwing company in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Manage day-to-day operations of our venue in Melbourne CBD.
- Co-ordinate and organise corporate events
- Hire, train and roster our Axepert Axe Throwing Coaches to run FUN and engaging sessions
- Continue to build the business through establishing partnerships and innovative ideas.
- Going above and beyond for your guests to create axe-standing memories.
- Living by and leading the Company Values and specifically leading and bringing the energy and fun.
- Achievement of Venue Revenue and Expense Targets.
- Ensure operating procedures are implemented for all key venue activities to ensure compliance, cleanliness and productivity.
- Ensure optimal stock levels and shrinkage controls are in place to reduce loss.
- Assist in building and providing active feedback on localised marketing initiatives and potential venue promotions/specials, partnerships and corporate building initiatives.
- Liaise and collaborate with the leadership team based in other states around Australia.
- Administration – complete all required administration / reporting requirements on time and as requested
- Experience in a leadership role, ideally in running an entertainment/sporting/hospitality venue
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Reliable and the ability to work autonomously
- Proven track record in managing staff effectively
- Ability to cope under pressure - we get busy!!
- Capable, professional and fun management style
- Ability to learn our in-house software to manage bookings, rostering and events.
- Current First Aid Certification + Responsible Service of Alcohol Accreditation
- Previous experience with being a licensee is desirable.
- You are comfortable managing venue finances, budgets and expenses.
- You have experience in implementing and embedding processes and procedures.
- You have a good level understanding of HR and WHS requirements with regard to the Hospitality Industry.
- You will be able to be referenced as someone who is reliable, energetic, a great people leader and manager and is constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience. Please note direct report or business owner references will be required from your last 3-5 years if you are successful in being shortlisted.
What does MANIAX offer you?
- Tuesday - Saturday week.
- We're a collaborative company. Play a part in driving the direction of Australia's leading Urban Axe Throwing company.
Sound like you?
Our process to help with your planning will be:-
- Applications will be accepted until 1st of November (but we encourage you to get in early).
- Please provide your resume and cover letter, with your cover letter detailing a little about you and why you're interested in joining our crew.
- First interview will be via zoom and second interview will be face to face.
For more information on the position, contact Kieran Foley on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience preparing work rosters?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of craft beer?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a venue manager?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.