- Archerfield Airport
- Full time - 9 day fortnight
- Remuneration of $45,000 + Super
About Archerfield Airport Corporation and Archerfield Airport
Archerfield Airport Corporation (AAC) owns, operates and manages Archerfield Airport which is located 11kms south west of Brisbane's CBD. AAC has a small team of approximately 25 people who assist in the daily operation of the airport. Archerfield Airport is host to aeromedical services, flight training, charter, corporate aviation and various secondary aviation and non-aviation services.
AAC are seeking a hardworking, self-motivated and reliable grounds person to join our ground staff team. This position is suited to someone who is physically fit and motivated with a good level of safety awareness. Uniforms and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be supplied to the successful applicant.
The successful application will be required to report to the Operations Manager and deliver but not be limited to the following tasks;
- Whipper snipping
- General gardening
- General maintenance
- Green waste clearing and removal
- Weed, pest & disease control
Skills and Experience
- Similar experience in a previous role
- Valid driver's license (Class C license preferred but not essential)
- Must be able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Must be competent to use equipment such as ride on mowers, whipper snipper, chainsaws and high powered hand tools.
- Experience with small concreting jobs
- Excellent work ethic and motivation
- Reliable and flexible
- While performing the functions of this job, you will be required at times to lift, move and carry heavy objects; ascend or descend ladders, stairs and ramps; utilize feet and legs or hand and arms; maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or navigating narrow or slippery surfaces.
- It is a pre-requisite for this role that the successful candidate undertake a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screen in accordance with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations.
If you believe that you have the skills, experience and motivation to undertake this role, then please submit your cover letter and resume.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.