ATSICHS Brisbane is a not-for-profit community owned health and human services organization delivering on the unique health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in greater Brisbane and Logan. We are the largest, most comprehensive Aboriginal Medical Health Service in Queensland, and Australia’s second oldest. We are determined to create a flourishing future and lasting legacy for our people and our community.
Our services include medical and dental clinics, mums and bubs programs, an aged care facility, family and child safety services, social and emotional wellbeing services, kindergarten programs and a youth service.
Our vision for the future is to deliver healthy, connected Indigenous urban communities. To do this we are focusing on five strategic priorities:
Champion healthy individuals and thriving families
Build a strong and sustainable future
Innovation and excellence
See more at our website - http://atsichsbrisbane.org.au
- Carrying out routine clinical tasks with assigned residents, including delivery and administering of medication, sampling, wound management and other check-ups.
- Providing everyday living assistance to residents. Carrying out Assisting with general motor functions, personal hygiene and care as well as providing emotional support to the residents.
- Cultivating productive working relationships at all levels, which support the nurturing of internal and external relationships, facilitates cooperation, trust and respect, values differences and diversity and guides, mentors and focuses on the development of staff.
- A medical certificate signed by a medical practitioner stating you have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccination
- Your immunisation history as listed on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) that clearly shows at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccination details
- Your exemption as listed on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) may be submitted.
- The ability to work independently, under guidance or direction and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Genuine interest in Aged Care
- Adequate physical health and ability to perform varying physical tasks
- Decisive listening, influencing and persuasive skills.
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.