Mass Products are leaders in the design, manufacture and installation of innovative industrial and safety solutions for the Water & Logistics Industries. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical/Design Engineer to join our growing team on the Gold Coast.
The position is full-time and is available for an immediate start. The ideal candidate will have a passion for design engineering of products for the water and logistics industries and will be responsible for the research, design, develop & implementation of parts and products.
This position will require the successful applicant to:
- Support the engineering team in the design of parts and products (including initial stages, assembly, installation, use and maintenance stages)
- Take new designs through the R & D process from prototype to testing, supporting the process by conducting physical load tests and FEA simulations
- Produce assembly engineering drawings ensuring compliance with relevant standards
- Consult with all relevant stake holders involved in a project
- Effectively follow the Engineering Change Request process
- Maintain the accuracy of the parts list in OPTO
- Complete tasks assigned by the engineering manager as required (in an effective and efficient manner)
- Follow company processes and maintain documentation as required
- Recommend improvements to processes to enhance operational efficiency and safety
- Assist with supplier quality control and management
- Be environmentally conscious and make efforts to reduce production waste
To be suitable for this position you must possess the following skills, attributes and qualifications.
- Technical qualifications in Mechanical Engineering/ Drafting or Industrial Design
- Relevant employment experience in a design and manufacturing environment
- Experience and knowledge designing products to Australian Standards
- High proficiency in SolidWorks & AutoCAD (2D & 3D modelling),
- Experience with SolidWorks Simulation Analysis (FEA)
- Familiarity with materials, manufacturing methods and fabricated construction
- Current Driver's License and own reliable transport
- Creative mind and an interest in the water & logistics industries
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence, flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and use initiative to determine priorities and also trouble-shoot
- Ability to follow and create workflow processes
- Knowledge and detail for structural steel, aluminium, load restraints, hydraulics equipment, electro-mechanical components, are required
- Experience with Australian and International patents is not required but highly valued
Hours of work are as follows:
7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday
7:30am - 4pm Friday
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you are not contacted within 2 weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this stage.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.