Tourism and Events Marketing Officer
Permanent Full Time
An exciting opportunity to contribute to promoting tourism and events across the Lake Macquarie region.
- Create engaging digital and traditional marketing and PR content
- Join a growing, collaborative and enthusiast team
- Enjoy work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
LET’S EXPLORE THE JOB
The Arts, Culture and Tourism (ACT) department is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the design, development and operational management of Arts, Heritage, Culture, Events and Tourism for Lake Macquarie City Council.
The Tourism and Events Marketing Officer role is part of the Cultural Engagement, Marketing and Tourism team who support the creation, design and implementation of effective marketing and advertising activities to promote engaging experiences hosted across Lake Macquarie by the ACT Department. With a focus on the marketing of events, festival and tourism experiences, the position coordinates all marketing, communication plans, brand, PR and online collaboration activities across internal teams and external tourism networks to ensure excellence in delivery and experience. This position also plays a key role in facilitating the Lake Macquarie Tourism Partnership Program as well as collaborating with local tourism operators, State Government (Destination NSW) and regional Tourism organisations.
This position is based at LMCC’s Speers Point Library. Your hours of work may span from Monday to Sunday, 8:00am to 9:00pm.
Please note: A full list of accountabilities is located within the attached Position Statement.
LET’S DESCRIBE YOU
Our ideal candidate has a passion for developing engaging marketing campaigns and creating effective promotional and PR material. Using your experiences, particularly in the events, festivals and/or tourism sector, and flexible but professional approach, you will create inspiring content that appeals to a diverse audience to showcase Council’s events, experiences and programs. You must also meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or Commerce
- Professional experience in a marketing position, preferably with experience in designing and implementing tourism and events marketing and promotional plans
- Strong skills in developing both online/social media and traditional marketing activities
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Digital experience and social media marketing is highly desirable
- Experience in sourcing, funding and management of Government Programs is highly desirable
LET’S REVEAL THE PERKS
- Competitive salary from $1,337.74 to $1,554.68 per week plus industry-leading 12% superannuation
- Enterprise Agreement pay increases apply
- Commencing salary set in line with skills and experience with annual reviews available to support movement through the salary range
- 35-hour working week and nine-day fortnight
- long service leave after 5 years
- education assistance
- training and development opportunities
- free parking within walking distance of work site
- corporate fitness program
- PPE supplied
- work mobile phone
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
When you join us, you are not part of an organisation; you are part of a future that more than 208,000 Lake Macquarie residents depend on every day. To work here is to be connected. To be part of a true community who value creativity and collaboration, wellbeing and sustainability, opportunity and diversity. Together, we believe in shaping our own future - not waiting for it.
Lake Mac strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, refugees and people with disability. We understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our Council. To find out about options for adjustment within the recruitment process, please click here.
- Applications close midnight, Sunday 24 October 2021.
- For enquiries related to the duties of the role, please contact Bianca Gilmore, Cultural Engagement, Marketing and Tourism Coordinator, on 02 4921 0743 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Catherine Khalil, Talent Acquisition Advisor on 02 4069 0042 or via email email@example.com.
- We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
- To view the capability Framework – Role Profile relevant to this role, please click here.
- To complete your online application, you will be asked to upload a copy of your resume and provide responses to questions which are based on the criteria listed in the Position Statement.
- Please note that as part of Lake Macquarie City Council’s recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates may be subject to a medical assessment.
- After the close date, a panel will assess all applications for suitability against the essential criteria for each of the positions. Once completed, an interview, skills assessment or task and reference checks may be undertaken. All candidates will be notified of the outcome via the email address you supply as part of your application.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.