About the role
Mater has been supporting the health of people living in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. The Mater's heritage listed Kenmore building was purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November in the same year.
Today, the 136 bed Hospital features five operating theatres, a private emergency service and a wide range of specialised clinical services.
The Orderly is responsible for transporting Surgical and High Dependency Unit patients, specimens and equipment throughout the Hospital and providing assistance to patients within the clinical setting to support clinical personnel in providing patient-centred care. Such duties may also extend to other Wards/Units of the Hospital when required.
This permanent full-time position attracts a salary range of $22.42 - $25.47. Additional shift penalties, where applicable, and superannuation apply.
The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience and qualifications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our patient-centred clinical care team. The role is fast paced, physical in nature and diverse.
Candidates must be able to be flexible with work times though a Monday to Friday roster is most common. Shift times may vary in accordance with operational need.
We are ideally looking for candidates that have:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- A commitment to excellent customer service;
- Ability to recognise and prioritise tasks effectively; and
- Ability to positively engage with a variety of people.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
- Discounted gym and other exercise centre membership
- Health fund premium discounts
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland where you can find more information about these vacancies. This position is listed on our website under Rockhampton vacancies.
Should you have any questions about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will respond during business hours.
We are keen to fill this position as soon as possible, therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has accepted an offer of employment.
- Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff. It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021 or commencement, whichever is the later. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement requirement.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or have a working Visa with no limitations.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.