Permanent Part Time,Casual
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Subiaco Hospital has opportunities available for a suitably qualified Patient Care Assistant to join the caring and dedicated team within our Wembely Day Surgery.
In this role you will be an integral multi-disciplinary team member providing a high standard of care for patients in the areas of patient care, patient transport and support of the nursing care team as directed.
This position is being offered on a permanent basis, working 36 hours per fortnight. Casual positions are also available. Flexibility to work a variety of shifts across a rotating roster (including weekends) is essential for further consideration.
If you have a certificate III in Health Service Assistance (or similar), or are a first or second year nursing student, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance (Client/Patient Services) or similar; or currently studying in a health related field at a tertiary level.
- Demonstrate well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and ability to identify work priorities and plan to meet them.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of principles of manual handling.
- Knowledge of basic cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- An understanding of and commitment to Quality Improvement.
- Awareness of current Occupational Safety & Health and Equal Employment Opportunity Legislation.
- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available
- Professional Development
* All applicants are asked to submit a covering letter (of no more than two (2) pages) demonstrating how you meet the essential requirements of the role
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
Enquiries: Sharon Ndossi
Ph: 0466 332 329
Applications Close: 18/10/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.