A career at SDN is much more than a job
Discover how you can make a real difference to the lives of children and families when you join our village of professionals committed to enhancing children's lives.
When you join our village, you're joining a not-for-profit organisation with over 115 years' experience supporting children's wellbeing. It's an enriching village centred around children and supported by partnership and community.
We are one of Australia's most respected children's services organisations, and have over 700 staff across 37 sites in Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT.
Reporting to the IT Manager, you will provide efficient, high quality and effective first level IT support services to SDN staff. You will assist with technical support of end-user devides, computer equipment and applications, including desktop devices, laptops, mobiles. Management of NAS devices, Active Directory, Domain Controller, Network equipment, Network Security appliances, Virtual Machines, and related technologies.
There may be opportunities to work across various projects when required.
This is a full time permanent position. We offer flexible working arrangements with a mix of work from home and office which is located in Ultimo. Travel to our services may be required.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, customer centricity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft or other network-related fields are a plus
- Good initiative and innovation to get the job done
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and work according to deadlines
- Team player while also capable to operate alone
- Hands on knowledge of technologies: Windows 10, Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Teams, Teams Calling, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint), Active Directory, Azure, LAN, WAN technologies and mobile device management would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices
- Working with Children's Check (NSW)
- Current and valid Driver Licence
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative. SDN's commitment to staff is demonstrated by investing in an Employee Value Proposition project based on staff feedback.
SDN Benefits include:
- Positive, welcoming culture
- Ongoing training and development with a focus on career growth
- Learning and development fund for each staff member
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Working with a team of professionals who have extensive experience and knowledge gained through our 115 + year history of supporting children and families
- Flexible working arrangements with a strong focus on work life balance
- Experienced and passionate management team who are supportive and consultative
- Priority placement for children of staff members
- Discounted child care fees
- Paid parental leave
- Finders fee -referral scheme
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Access to purchased Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
- Study Leave
View the position description please copy and paste the below link into web browser:
https://www.sdn.org.au/media/3132/technology-support-officer-sep-2021.pdf [link removed]
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW), National Police Check and Covid 19 vaccination in line with Goverment Regulations.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.