Who we are
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton has been supporting the health of people living in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. Our heritage listed Kenmore building was purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November in the same year.
Today, our 136 bed facility features five operating theatres, a private emergency service and a wide range of specialised clinical services.
About the role
Multiple opportunities are available within our specialist Cath Lab team for experienced Registered Nurses. We welcome interest in full-time, part-time or casual positions.
Shifts are Monday to Friday with some on-call responsibilities.
You will provide patient-centred nursing care in collaboration with other health professionals and significant others to ensure safe, efficient, and effective management of the patient.
Internal training opportunities are available.
Salary range: $37.23 - $47.84 per hour (+ 25% loading for casuals). The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience as a Registered Nurse.
You will enjoy working in a busy and rewarding environment where you can become part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care.
In order to be successful in this position, you will:
- Have registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Prior experience working in a Catheterisation Laboratory;
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident to apply;
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance program
- Corporate Discounts
- Health and Wellbeing programs and initiatives
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
- Part of Mater Health Queensland
Take your career to the next level by experiencing working in our not-for-profit, values-driven hospital, with a deep connection to our local and regional community. Join our growing team as we build the future of Mater.
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland - Mater where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please email Employment-CQ@mater.org.au.
Mater are keen to fill these roles as soon as possible, therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as suitable candidates have accepted an offer of employment.
- Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff. It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021 or commencement, whichever is the later. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement requirement.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a nurse?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.