Challenge Implements is an agricultural manufacturer of front end loaders and attachments for tractors. We are Australia’s number one supplier of front end loaders and implements.
From the very first Front End Loader made by Challenge in 1962, this Australian owned company and its brand has created enviable traditions of world class engineering excellence and innovation.
Based in Orange NSW we are looking for a mechanical engineer who has had hands on experience, an ability to think creatively and is self-motivated.
Applications from a variety of backgrounds and experiences will be considered. The chosen candidate will have the ability to create new concepts, manage and help build prototypes, perform 1st off product vehicle integration and prepare new product designs ready for production.
The candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Engineering experience in the field of mechanical product development and ability to advance a product from requirements definition to a production stage.
- Experience in construction and agricultural machinery will be highly regarded.
- Innovative thinking when developing new products.
- Sound understanding of typical product development processes.
- Ability to use 3D modelling software (Solidworks experience will be highly regarded), and good general computer skills.
- Ability to do design validation by means of hand calculation and / or FEA Analysis as required.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to project completion dates as determined by business needs.
- Ability to be a hands on Engineer regarding prototype production and field testing.
- Willingness to work in a team environment with peer review.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Willingness to relocate for a permanent position in the City of Orange NSW.
- Ability to conduct and document design risk assessments.
Applicable engineering studies and qualifications will be highly regarded.
Only people with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To express an interest in this exciting role, please forward your Resume, plus a Covering Letter outlining how you meet the above requirements to:
PO Box 7039, Orange NSW 2800
Or contact Anton de Swardt on Ph: 02 63622799
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.