ELITE ATHLETE AND PERFORMER PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Athlete and Performer Academic Support Program
- Deliver the Elite Athlete and Performer Program supporting students to achieve academic excellence whilst pursuing a sporting career
- Facilitate guiding principals around advice and guidance, support in negotiating study arrangements and advocacy for Elite Athlete and Performer students
- Full-time, 15-month fixed-term position based in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across nine campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Sport, Wellbeing and Residential Life Directorate facilitates programs and services through a national approach delivered by campus-based staff, these programs include: sports programs, sports activations and Elite Athlete and Performer Program. The Directorate also consists of the ACU Health and Wellbeing Unit, encompassing ACU Medical Centres and ACU Gyms and health and fitness programs , and the ACU Residential Life Unit, which includes student accommodation communities, residential life programs and legal services for students.
The Elite Athlete and Performer Program Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of the Elite Athlete and Performer Program (EAPP) which has been established to support ACU Elite Athlete and Performer students achieve academic excellence whilst pursuing a sporting career. Additionally, the role is responsible for facilitating the guiding principles established by Sport Australia's Elite Athlete Education Network including the provision of advice and guidance to student athletes, support in negotiating flexible study arrangements, and advocacy. The position plays a key role in promoting a sense of belonging to the University to improve engagement and satisfaction for ACU Elite Athlete and Performer students.
More specifically the role entails:
- Contributing to the operational unit planning and strategic goals of Sport, Health and Wellbeing through delivery of the Elite Athlete and Performer Program
- Overseeing and continuously developing the policy and processes driving the Elite Athlete and Performer Program application and selection process
- Provide a relational and customer service driven program focused on support, welfare and wellbeing
- Establish a coordinated strategy and build strong working relationships with academics, faculty and key University staff to negotiate flexible study arrangements
You will need to have:
- Completion of a Bachelor level qualification with at least 4 years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training, as well as a valid and current First Aid qualification/certificate and a valid and current Working With Children Clearance
- Demonstrated high level administration and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive program development and make strategic decisions
- High level interpersonal and communication skills in addition to database and relationship management
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description 10606205 Elite Athlete and Performer Program Coordinator 21 September 2021.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $107,300 total rem - $116,130 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $90,670 - $98,131 (pro rata) pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Tristan Liles, National Manager, ACU Sport at Tristan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: 25 October 2021
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.