Join our Planning and Maintenance team as a Mechanical Engineer and be part of this journey. Every day will bring a new challenge to solve; but never on your own, there's a team of the industry's best to support you. Typically, you'll get involved in Mechanical Engineering program of works within our tunnels and on our roads. This means that you'll support maintenance and upgrade projects related to tunnel ventilation systems, hydraulic systems, fire deluge systems and water treatment plants. Additionally, you'll oversee the management and protection of all mechanical components of Transurban's NSW assets, ultimately helping to keep Sydney moving safely and getting you to where you want to go.
Operations is on the frontline of life at Transurban. What our people do here - controlling traffic, constructing roads, carrying out repairs - keeps our assets operational and our customers' journeys smooth. Home to many diverse skillsets, our Operations teams make their mark on the world around us. They deliver bigger and seize every opportunity to improve; putting customers and communities first, up and down Australia.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll help ensure our commuters get to their destination safely and on time, by ensuring mechanical components of NSW assets are operating optimally and to deed requirements.
- As the NSW subject matter expert, you'll carry out condition assessments, technical investigations, develop and review maintenance plans, monitor performance and help scope up new works.
- You'll manage the numbers - preparing mechanical asset management and repair/maintenance cost projections, contributing to costing capital projects and ensuring works are carried out within budget.
- With a focus on quality, safety and best practice, you will ensure all works are delivered in accordance with the WH&S Management Plan, Transurban's standards and industry best practice.
- You'll never stop improving, keeping yourself and the business up to date with emerging mechanical innovations and best practice.
The talents you'll bring:
- You will have at least 3 years' experience working in mechanical systems (ventilation systems, hydraulic systems, fire deluge systems, water treatment plants etc) in a tunnel, road or other dynamic environment.
- You'll have completed a Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Being super organised, your planning, project management and time management skills will see you manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- You'll be accustomed to managing and working with numbers, that is, cost control, budget management and contract management are all familiar to you.
- A natural problem solver, you'll have the ability to apply your technical skills to practical problems, undertake root cause analysis and identify solutions to mechanical issues.
- You'll have a valid driver's licence to enable you to travel to our NSW assets and attend stakeholder meetings.
- Experience in design, construction and maintenance in road and tunnel infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of TfNSW specifications, approvals and technical engineering standards.
- Experience in Asset Management Information Systems.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.