At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
About the role
We are currently seeking a Community Facilities and Recreation Coordinator to join our team on a temporary full-time basis until April 2023. The Community Facilities and Recreation Department works with sports, community groups, key agencies and other Council Departments to operate, plan for and provide great recreation places and spaces in the City.
As Community Facilities and Recreation Coordinator you will focus on leading a team committed to supporting opportunities for participation at a wide variety of facilities that are capable of hosting sport, recreation, and community activities, programs, events and competitions of local, regional, state and national status. Our facilities currently attract approximately 3 million visitations annually.
Council is committed to investing over $125m in developing new recreation precincts, as well as to improving sportsground, recreation, play, open space and community facilities. We are looking for a suitably experienced and qualified professional for this exciting and challenging role to:
- Maximise the use and activation of sportsgrounds, parks/reserves, recreation and community facilities.
- Coordinate venue operations and support services to enable community participation in a range of programs, activities and events.
- Lead a team committed to delivering services, which support the City’s liveability, in partnership with multiple sport, recreation and community organisations.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as sport, community or recreation facilities management, and/or significant relevant and practical experience.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in ensuring sportsground, community and recreation facilities are available for programs, activities and events.
- Knowledge and experience of managing occupancy agreements for sportsground, community and recreation facilities.
- Highly developed facilitation and engagement skills and the ability to address a variety of audiences, maintaining productive relationships.
- Significant relevant judgement and decision-making skills in relation to sport, community and recreation facility operations and service delivery.
- Demonstrated results in continuously improving sportsground, community and recreation facilities, business operations and processes.
- Well-developed ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team.
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of software applications
- Practical experience supporting user group capacity building and growing participation in sport and community activities.
- Experience supporting the structure and functions of volunteer sports and community groups.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of issues and opportunities facing sportsground, recreation and community facility user groups.
- Capacity to work in a multi-project and multi-function environment.
Salary: $102,289 - $118,404 per annum, plus 10% Superannuation.
Access to a Motor Vehicle Allowance is available with this position; however, it is not a condition of employment.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on Monday, 1st November 2021. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Andrew Robinson, Community Facilities and Recreation Manager on 4732 7688.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Penrith City Council is committed to ensuring the safety of our people and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our employees are currently working remotely or in a way that is different to normal, which may impact our recruitment processes including time to respond to applicants and conducting online interviews instead of in-person. Some roles may also require temporary remote working arrangements; if applicable, this will be discussed with you at the time of interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.