Do you pride yourself on your Customer Service? Do you get a kick out of making people smile? If the answer is yes, then perhaps it’s time to look at a new career in banking and finance!
As a Member Relations Officer at bcu, you will have a customer focused mindset, assisting our members with their everyday banking needs. Through having genuine, rich conversations you will identify their short and long term financial goals and make recommendations on suitable bcu products and services.
This position is a full time, based at our bcu Maroochydore Branch working Monday to Friday.
A little about us:
We’re bcu. We’re proudly based in NSW and QLD, and are part of the one of the largest customer-owned banking Groups in Australia. Driven by our long held belief in the value of mutuality, we strive to achieve success on behalf of our customers, our communities and each other with passion, energy and commitment.
bcu began in the banana growing area of New South Wales fifty years ago and has grown in size with a footprint that now delivers contemporary banking services from the Sunshine coast in Queensland to Port Macquarie in NSW.
With regional offices in Coffs Harbour and Brisbane, we provide a genuine banking alternative to those who seek competitive and convenient retail and business banking services, convenient digital and mobile banking, outstanding customer experiences and a community spirit that lives in the regions where we operate. In fact, our very purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers and their communities.
bcu customers interact with our dedicated teams through our 22 branches, our local Contact Centre, modern digital banking channels and bcu’s mobile retail and business banking lenders who are active in the communities in which they work.
We stand for empowering our people and customers and value innovation, agility and the ability to develop strong relationships. Our workplace is collaborative and engaging where our people can learn, develop and thrive.
We’ve recently embarked on an exciting and significant digital transformation to build a bank of the future for our current and future customers. And, we’re on the lookout for more talented people to join our team.
With significant employee benefits such as paid parental leave, purchase leave, employee education scheme and leadership and professional development, this role might be for you…..
You will be responsible for…
- Making bcu members feel welcome when they come into the Branch and providing a seamless member experience
- Accurate and timely processing of member cash and non cash transactions
- Account maintenance and account opening
- Assisting members with their day to day banking needs
- Identifying opportunities from conversations with members to recommend suitable bcu products and services
- Assisting the Contact Centre team from time to time with inbound calls
- Working toward individual and team targets and KPI’s
- Assisting and educating members on technological changes and enhancements within the bank
- Ongoing compliance and risk awareness within the Branch
To be successful in this role, you will have…
- A customer centric mindset at the core of everything you do
- Proven sales experience within a highly motivated customer service team
- Extensive customer service experience
- Strong numerical reasoning and accuracy
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills
- High level attention to detail and demonstrated risk awareness
- Strong computer literacy
- A current Drivers License, as you may be required to travel between Branches if required
If this position appeals to you, and you believe you will be able to make a positive contribution to bcu we would love to hear from you! Please submit your current Resume and a Covering letter by Close of Business Friday, 5th November 2021.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
The successful candidate will be required to submit to and pass an assessment deeming them fit to work within the finance industry. (Please read our Privacy Notification located on the bcu website www.bcu.com.au
Please note that shortlisting and screening may start prior to the close date.
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.