- Part time (0.6) max term to 30 June 2022
- Youth Mentoring and Support Programs
- Lived experience of the justice system highly desirable
- We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to provide valuable mentoring support to young people involved with the youth justice system. You will assist them to articulate their goals, reconnect with the community and pursue positive lifestyles that minimise future risk of reoffending.
Utilising a strengths-based approach, you will identify and leverage the participant’s skills, competencies and interests toward the achievement of agreed outcomes.
You will also assist with the delivery of health, education, wellbeing and psychological support programs and activities.
What you’ll bring
- Well-developed communication skills, particularly in relation to negotiation, presentation and facilitation with young people
- Well-developed problem solving, relationship building and boundary management abilities
- Experience in working with young people who are vulnerable or who have complex needs particularly in the areas of education, case management, training delivery, coaching, or mentoring
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting young people from a diverse range of backgrounds and environments
- Knowledge and understanding of causes for reoffending amongst young people
- Knowledge of the South Australian justice, corrections and community services sectors
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a changing environment - highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Experience in records management, general office administration and basic proficiency in MS Office
- Lived experience of the justice system is strongly desirable.
- Be trained in Save-A-Mate and FoodREDI or be willing to undertake training
- Current SA Driver licence and Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role
Why work for us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars.
We are committed to meaningful equity and diversity in our workforce. We do this by creating a workplace which embraces and celebrates the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for this position.
For further information please see the position description below. For additional enquiries please contact Kate Holland on 0466 539 488
Position Description: Community Justice Project Officer.pdf
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.