Marist180 (www.marist180.org.au) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to creating positive change for vulnerable young people and their families.
We are looking for an experienced Human Resource officer to provide the generalist HR support and advice to staff and programs across Marist180. As a member of the Human Resources Partnership Team, the HR Officer will work to ensure efficient and effective compliance to critical business functions including employee compliance, performance, benefits and remuneration, rostering, and other general HR matters. This role will report to the Senior Human Resource Manager.
On your first day you will be supported with a thorough induction so you can do your job.
As a Human Resource Officer [link removed], you are expected to:
- Maintain the best practice of all documentation and ensuring they are legally compliant
- Assist with general HR related enquiries, information and advice, provide assistances and guidance across WHS, employee performance, benefits and remuneration, rostering, workers compensation and other general HR matters.
- Preparing employment contracts and induction material
- Liaise with payroll to track staff movements within the business and changes of terms and conditions of employment
- Providing interpretation and counsel regarding policies, programs and practices
- Identifying, developing and implementing new polices, practices and programs to meet organizational needs
- Update and maintain HR records including general administration, filing and archiving ensuring confidentiality and privacy of files at all times
- Assist with the management and roll-out of HR Projects (as required and directed)
- Assist in the preparation, analysis, interpretation and reporting of workforce metrics
As Marist180 employees, you are required to have:
- Minimum Diploma qualified in Human Resources or similar
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in generalist HR roles.
- Sound understanding of Awards and Workplace legislation
- Knowledge of HR policies and practices
- High attention to detail, ability to manage competing priorities
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Clear National Criminal History Check.
- NSW Current Driver Licence.
- Eligibility to work in Australia.
Benefits as Marist180 Employees
- Great salary packaging options to increase your take home pay
- 4 weeks annual leave for permanent employees
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Ongoing training, support, supervision, and career advancement opportunities
- Sonder wellbeing and safety 24/7 on demand support for you and your family
More about Marist180
Marist180 (www.marist180.org.au) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to creating positive change for vulnerable young people and their families. We believe that when individuals feel connected to a supportive community and have access to education, accommodation, and employment they can achieve their goals.
Successful applicants will be subject to background checks including a National Criminal History Check and a verification of your Working with Children’s Check.
“Marist180 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the agency. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people who met the requirements of the position. Marist180 recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and clients within our programs.”
How to apply:
Click “Apply Now” to submit your online application, please ensure you attach a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. If you require any adjustments during the recruitment process due to any form of disability, please specify in your application.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.