STA Consulting Engineers provide a complete suite of soil test and foundation design services as well as Structural, Hydraulic and Inspection Services. With more than 30 years’ experience we are considered experts in soil compositions, and the impact they have on foundation designs, enabling engineered site specific solutions for residential buildings.
We are currently looking to appoint a Trainee Laboratory Technician to our NATA accredited Soils Laboratory based at Eight Mile Plains. Although you do not require any specific experience (Training will be provided) an exposure to the Residential construction industry, or Laboratory Testing of Soils would be advantageous.
Applicant/s will need to demonstrate:
- A strong track record and commitment to learning new skills
- High degree of reliable in terms of work ethic and punctuality
- Current clean manual driver’s license
- Ability to work independently with strong time management
- Understanding of workplace health and safety requirements
- Customer centric approach to task delivery
- Basic proficiency with computer/tablet use
Experience in a Lab and recording of testing outcomes under supervision in accordance with AS1289 would be well regarded.
The role is full time (38Hr week M-F, no weekend work) , is not complex, but does require a candidate who is willing to maintain a set daily process routine with a high degree of consistency and repeatability. The successful candidate could be either a young person looking for an entry into an Engineering firm or Lab without a formal training background or a more mature/experienced candidate who wants stability and is happy to undertake a set process on a daily basis.
Please forward your Resume and any specific work experience details addressing the key points above via the Apply button.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.