Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia's most enterprising graduates.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we're seeking an outstanding individual to join our Flinders Rural and Remote Health NT team.
Fixed-term, part-time (0.8 FTE), negotiable to full-time. Available until 31 December 2022
Higher Education Level 5
$72,885 - $80,438 pa FTE
Under the general direction of supervisor, the ICT Officer will work to support and deliver ICT related services for the Top End region of Flinders Rural and Remote Health NT, including the remote sites of Katherine and Nhulunbuy. The incumbent will work closely with Flinders University IDS (Information and Digital Services) and as a member of ICT team to support the objectives of Flinders Rural and Remote Health NT.
Key Position Capabilities
- Degree or Associate Diploma with relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education and/or training.
- Demonstrated experience with the following: client support role preferably related to AV/ICT helpdesk services; troubleshooting and maintaining AV/ICT facilities; extensive experience with Windows domain environment; general knowledge regarding mobile devices, network, security, Linux and Mac.
- Demonstrated well‐developed inter‐personal skills, including oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and perform under pressure.
- Demonstrated understanding of applicable Work Health and Safety requirements and ability to lift and move heavy equipment in accordance with WH&S Manual Handling Guidelines.
- Commitment to Flinders NT University's social accountability mandate and to the principles of affirmative action for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff and students.
- Experience in Python or other equivalent object-oriented programming language (desirable).
- Experience in data administration and management (desirable).
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Information for Applicants:
Northern Territory Government legislation (the Care and Protection of Children Act 2007) now requires all individuals in child related employment or whose duties involve, or are likely to involve, contact with a child, to hold a valid 'Working with Children Clearance' (Ochre Card). This position involves child related work and is assessed as requiring a Working with Children Clearance/Ochre Card.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
How to Apply
Full details including how to apply on-line can be found at our Jobs@Flinders website: https://flinders.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/flinders_employment/job/Charles-Darwin-University-Yellow/ICT-Officer_JR0000002307
Applications to be submitted before:
11:59pm, Tuesday 26 October 2021
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.