- Be part of a newly formed brand and campaign team, within UWA’s brand, marketing and recruitment division
- Drive performance and grow this leading brand
- Motivated, professional team and friendly, supportive culture
- Opportunity to work across different initiatives and build your strengths in varied marketing skillsets to grow your career
- Full-time, ongoing appointment
- Salary range: Level 6 $83,005 – $87,723 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Brand, Marketing and Recruitment (BMR) division exists for the purpose of showcasing the best of UWA, ultimately enhancing reputation and driving student recruitment. The division consolidates all marketing, communications and future student related activity into one team, enabling efficiency and effectiveness gains for the University.
The Brand and Marketing team within BMR provides strategic brand direction and ongoing brand management for the University. The brand and marketing team works across all global markets to help build the brand position and to attract business partners and students to UWA. The Brand and Marketing team consults with; and across all areas of the University to implement marketing plans and associated activities.
About the opportunity
As part of a collaborative team of brand and marketing professionals, the Marketing Officer provides support to the Marketing Manager, Brand and Campaigns in the development, implementation, and measurement of marketing initiatives that contribute to our strategic goals and enhance the reputation of the University. You will support marketing initiatives such as marketing planning, campaigns, advertising, marketing liaison and the development of marketing materials.
Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders and agency suppliers, you will deliver marketing solutions to meet student recruitment and other business objectives, as well as to ensure an integrated and consistent approach to all communication touch-points across the University.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with a strong client focus.
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, show initiative and work as part of a team.
- Substantial relevant experience in high-level marketing and communication activities.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement while working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders (internal and external).
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, email and website.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
You will be a motivated, results-focussed marketing professional who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. With experience in above- and below-the-line marketing, excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude, you’ll find innovative ways to achieve business objectives and enhance the reputation of this iconic WA brand.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Marketing Officer 507884.rtf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55pm on Monday 25 October 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.