Are you looking to take your design skills to the next level in our award-winning marketing team?
Hi there! We’re a rapidly growing organisation based in the beachside town of Redcliffe, Queensland, and we exist for one reason - to increase the prosperity of the Moreton Bay Region.
Our award-winning marketing teams are tasked with some pretty cool (and important) things that make a genuine contribution to the businesses and locals of the Moreton Bay Region.
We’re kept busy by:
- Promoting our slice of paradise to the world through strategic destination marketing and promotional campaigns
- Marketing our annual calendar of 30+ tourism, community, and business events, and festivals
- Developing and managing our corporate brand and partnership program
- Positioning our region as Queensland’s most enviable place to live, work and play
- Delivering effective marketing campaigns and initiatives that fosters and inspires community pride, confidence, and local advocacy
WHAT DO WE NEED?
We’re looking for a design extraordinaire and all-rounder graphic designer to join our world-class events and marketing team. Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, you'll primarily focus on delivering some seriously cool branding and design for our extensive events program, but you’ll also get your hands dirty working on a wide variety of marketing and design projects across the entire organisation.
No two days will ever be the same and we promise you’ll never get bored. Here are just a few things that will fall on your to-do list:
- Create, manage, and update the design and branding for our organisation's extensive events portfolio
- Create branded templates and digital adverts for email marketing campaigns on Mailchimp
- Create engaging content for various digital social media platforms such as websites, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok, this could include – motion stories and basic animation, editing images in Photoshop/Lightroom, Instagram highlight covers, branded stories, GIFs, and stickers
- Design concepts for branded merchandise, posters, flyers, billboards, brochures, banners, and signage
- Support other in-house designers (when necessary), which could include rolling up your sleeve and designing pages for a newspaper, adverts for advertisers, destination marketing campaigns, and corporate prospectus' and presentations
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for someone who is highly creative with a natural tendency to think outside the box, and looking to take their design skills to the next level in design software.
Our ideal new teammate will be able to adapt fast to changes to fit into our fast-paced, innovative, agile, and forward-thinking organisation.
You’ll have great attention to detail so you can take ownership of multiple projects and work alongside the entire organisation to help reach our goals.
You’ll be a self-motivator who hates being bored, can effectively manage their time, and is deadline-driven.
The technical bits and pieces – can you do all this?
- Follow set style and brand guidelines and/or re-brand when necessary and work on new projects with the opportunity to propose your own design concepts and style guide
- Look out for and implement new content ideas to stay up to date with the latest design and marketing trends ensuring design work keeps up with technological advancements
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation and time management, and the ability to take ownership of tasks through to completion
- Comfortable and confident in providing input and feedback on the creative ideas of others to ensure the best outcome is reached, utilising your respected design and creative expertise
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of Video Editing, Animation or Video Production
- Understanding of web/UI design methodologies, including UI libraries, flows, end designs are advantageous but not essential
If you think you’ve got the goods to be the person we’re looking for – then don’t be shy, we want to hear from you!
Please include the following to be considered for the role:
- An up-to-date resume/CV
- A PDF portfolio or link to an online portfolio showcasing your work
Although we value the time and effort you have taken to apply for this role, we will only contact candidates successful in progressing through to the interview stage.
Following your first interview, we may ask you to follow a design brief and submit design work as an example of your ability to follow directions; you will also be assessed on skillset and attention to detail.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a graphic designer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.