- Are you sick of working in a drab office environment in the city?
- Are you looking for an Architecture job with purpose and the ability to help some of the most disadvantaged communities in Australia?
- Are you keen for a job with a sense of adventure and purpose?
- Are you craving a better work/life balance?
- Are you keen to escape Covid-19 restrictions and leave the city behind?
East Kimberley design is hiring, offering a 12-month contract with the opportunity for a permanent role for the right candidate.
Our practice has a wide scope of work with Indigenous corporations, government and local projects. No two projects are ever the same.
East Kimberley Design (EKD) is small and busy practice based on Miriwoong country (Kununurra) in the far north of Western Australia. Giving you the opportunity to explore the most incredible and inspiring sites in Australia, including; Purnululu, El Questro, Gibb River Road and Lake Argyle.
- Excellent Revit skills, including documentation experience
- Post graduate experience, with a desire and ability to gain (or current) registration with the Architects Board WA/NT
- Enthusiasm and ability to live in a small remote town
- Demonstrate an interest in working closely with Indigenous communities and be committed to cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work autonomously without direction and think laterally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as the role will require working with vulnerable communities and healthcare facilities
- A good working knowledge of BCA, other relevant Australian standards
- Experience in certification of claims and site inspections
- Adobe (Photoshop,) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) suite
- Proficient 4wd skills and ability to drive substantial distances
- Willingness to camp and travel to remote locations
What we can offer you
- Family and adventure friendly 4-day work week
- Career progression and succession planning.
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home (WFH).
- Ability to work on a broad scope of projects, including; healthcare, community purpose and multi-residential
- Opportunity to be involved in all stages of projects
- Fully subsidised Cultural awareness and Miriwoong language training
- Immediate start, with flexible transition arrangements; including quarantine WFH arrangements
Remuneration will be based on skills and experience.
EKD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all genders, and cultural backgrounds.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage and only applicants who hold working rights in Australia.
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.