About the Company
Patriot Campers specialises in the design and manufacture of quality and award winning camper trailers, toy haulers and 4 x 4 accessories. We manufacture and sell directly from the company's premises in Queensland and also through a distribution network of dealers located across Australia and Internationally. Our mandate is to focus on producing quality products, continue to innovate and strive to exceed our customer expectations by providing outstanding customer service and care.
About the Role
The primary role of the Production Engineer is to plan and coordinate production engineering processes on a daily basis to produce high quality goods. Responsible for implementation of production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs. Manage KPIs and ensure preventative actions are taken to maximise success.
Key Responsibilites include but not limited to;
- Design new systems and processes and provide facilities & methods to ensure the cost effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations.
- Validating the program calculations to ensure that parts flow is accurate and correct
- Assist with shop floor layout and cell designs
- Design fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks
- Generating production documentation such as assembly instructions
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions and cycle times
- Maintain statistical and financial records
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Setting up of BOMs across all products & reliability of data entry
- Implementing and maintaining standard operating procedures for production processes, service and warranty and supply chain
- Act as a link between design engineering and production
- Conduct motion & time studies
- Maintain the ECR process
- Manage Folding Programs
- CAD Maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Assist production team as required, electrical, wiring diagrams & design, etc
- Product Compliance
You will have the following skills;
- Strong knowledge of specifically sheetmetal manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of jig design and time and motion studies to reduce labour time
- Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
- Ability to present data effectively
- Ability to train the work group and lead teams within the work group
- Ability to manage group to achieve goals within budget
- Strong problem-solving skills and logical approach
- Strong software engineering background
- Strong excel skills essential
You will have the following qualifications;
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or similar required
- CAD skills essential
- Leadership or Management training advantageous
- Significant work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria and are excited about the opportunity to work with us, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply now by sending us a personalised Cover Letter and Resume in PDF formats only (please include any certification/s applicable to the role).
Must have full Australian work rights.
Only short listed and successful applicants will be contacted.
Previous applicants need not apply.
No recruitment agencies please.
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Mechanical Engineering Role?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.