$55,885 plus 10% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As a pivotal member of the Business Support team, you will be responsible for accurate data entry, document and file management and general correspondence administration support to both the planning and building areas. You will use your exceptional customer service skills to respond to customer requests via telephone, written response and face to face, delivering a timely, accurate and quality service.
You will be an integral part of the branch, supporting the technical officers to meet statutory and operational obligations. To achieve this you will work as part of the Business Support team to openly communicate about the work and continuously look for ways we can improve.
You will need to have a high degree of accuracy, excellent customer service skills, and be proficient in MS office.
You will be required to…
- process incoming and outgoing mail
- scan, stamp and fold documents
- create, retrieve and return files
- lodge, profile and allocate documents
- data enter document information
- generate and edit documents
- follow application workflows
- respond to customer telephone and email enquiries.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Excellent customer service skills with experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member to coordinate and achieve day to day administrative responsibilities.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to manage personal workload and prioritise tasks to achieve operational requirements.
- Exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Experience of Microsoft Office range, in particular Word, Excel & Outlook and proven ability in utilising in house databases and systems to manage and process work.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page)
- respond to the following application questions, which will appear as part of the application form:
1. What is the most successful team that you have been a part of and what was your role in that team?
2. What has motivated you to apply for this role?
3. How is this role going to lead you to your 3 year career goal/s?
Please address your covering letter to Barbara Rundle, (Acting) Senior Business Support Officer.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 24 October 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.
Enquiries: People, Culture and Leadership
Applications Close: 24/10/2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.